Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition» Forums » Variants

Subject: Church Friendly Alternate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Teel
msg tools
meeple

Hello there fellow gamers!!
So, I have a Youth Game Night tomorrow night, and as the Game Master, I'm trying to think of several Church-Safe party games for a group of 8-15 players.

Werewolf is always my Go-To for a fun night with a larger group. The only catch is...this is a Church-Sponsored event, and though some parents might not have a problem with Werewolf, I know some parents would flip if they heard that we were playing "seers" and "monsters" with their kids.

I'm trying to come up with a variation that might be more acceptable, but still use the same fun mechanics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
My first thought was the following:
Villagers become Rebels
Seer becomes Hacker
Werewolves become Infiltrators

Each night, the Infiltrators report one Rebel to the Overseer, thus ending their ability to aid in the Rebellion.

Each night, the Hacker can hack into one players emails and confirm that that player is or is not reporting to the Overseer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts? Any other roles you might suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the obvious answer if you're wanting to go super churchy would be to change the werewolves to wolves, the villagers to lambs and the seers to Shepards. Gives you a nice religious allegory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
Well the obvious answer if you're wanting to go super churchy would be to change the werewolves to wolves, the villagers to lambs and the seers to Shepards. Gives you a nice religious allegory.

Does that make the bodyguard a sheepdog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
gelrod wrote:

Does that make the bodyguard a sheepdog?

Great idea. Alpha wolf could be a "wolf in sheep's clothing". Minion could be a "coyote".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Romans vs. Christians when I've played it in church.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:
I've used Romans vs. Christians when I've played it in church.

If someone has an issue with seers and werewolves I can't imagine they'd be ok with lynching Romans, though. Gotta keep it fluffy and cute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't play with people that realize it's make believe...then don't play or don't associate with those people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
If you can't play with people that realize it's make believe...then don't play or don't associate with those people.

Then why would they be in a church?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about the original theme, "Mafia"? Would that be too violent, or would everyone just start cracking Sicily jokes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.