Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking for advice for this piece of table art/display. I am not a GA but I have some of the art I was able to merge into a document.

I'm looking for input, suggestions, wording, etc. for this. If this is too small or doesn't display please take the time to go to one of the below:

Twitter: @Wombatwords
Tumblr: wombatgames.tumblr.com

Thank you again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"She comes out of the Sun in a silk dress runnin' like a watercolor in the rain."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like it. Sounds like fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HARAMBE
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lennon
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Really? Another argument about what a word means? Really?
mbmbmbmbmb
It certainly sounds like a fun game and the display sells the game well.

You might consider re-writing this section:
"No one is ever eliminated and players that have damaged ships can continue to make meaningful decisions instead of just repairing their ship during their turn."

I understand that the issue of "What should players with damaged ships do?" was probably a design challenge and you are proud of the solution. But to anyone who hasn't played the game, it doesn't really mean anything. I would try to keep it more generic like "No players are eliminated. The fate of your faction lies not only in your hands, but also those of your opponents."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Sagrilarus: Thank you, it's been in the works for 2 years w/ private play tests. I just got up the nerve recently to start sharing the information.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Mroseksi: Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to look it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
rlennon wrote:
It certainly sounds like a fun game and the display sells the game well.

You might consider re-writing this section:
"No one is ever eliminated and players that have damaged ships can continue to make meaningful decisions instead of just repairing their ship during their turn."

I understand that the issue of "What should players with damaged ships do?" was probably a design challenge and you are proud of the solution. But to anyone who hasn't played the game, it doesn't really mean anything. I would try to keep it more generic like "No players are eliminated. The fate of your faction lies not only in your hands, but also those of your opponents."

@rlennon: Thank you for the compliment.

That is a very valid point. I am proud of that point as it took a while, but you're right people that have never played the game are going to cock their heads.

I just completed a re-mock based on other people's input, I did not capture this language but will play with it after work (early tomorrow AM).

Again, thank you for taking the time to write this out to help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb

Version 2 prior to the update to language from above. Will rework it after work.

Thanks again all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
rlennon wrote:
I would try to keep it more generic like "No players are eliminated. The fate of your faction lies not only in your hands, but also those of your opponents."

@rlennon: How does this sound?

"It's family friendly also, as no one is ever eliminated from the game.

The fate of your faction is up to you. Will you amass weapons of war, explore the stars or colonize the worlds you discover? What edge will you find that puts your faction on top?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb

STU Version 3 of Table Art/Flyer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Revisions to text per input, font type and size, and legibility increased through outline.

Thanks again guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Testa
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you to all...

http://wombatgames.tumblr.com/post/152072414066/many-thanks-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.