$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Range and area of effect question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAN, I have really been woooooooohed when I open this wonderful box and gazed at all the lovely details - thanks a lot!

Now I would like to have some clarification/reassurance on range and area of effect.

As HEXAMTIC AIMBOT uses the term "within X range" while CYCLOTRON uses "in X range" I assume that a boosted Cyclotron really fires at the specified range ONLY and not UP TO this range - correct? In other words a diagonal target at range 1 would NOT be a valid target for a level 2 CYCLOTRON.

Now if the above is correct, what about FLAMESPITTER - it card says "each target in areas of effect" - does a level two Flamesplitter include the areas ONE and TWO or is it just area two?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranges always include the lower ranges.

Range 3 includes everything included in Range 1 and Range 2 and Range 3, and Range 2 includes everything in Range 1 and Range 2.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Ranges always include the lower ranges.

Range 3 includes everything included in Range 1 and Range 2 and Range 3, and Range 2 includes everything in Range 1 and Range 2.


This is correct.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Felkor wrote:
Ranges always include the lower ranges.

Range 3 includes everything included in Range 1 and Range 2 and Range 3, and Range 2 includes everything in Range 1 and Range 2.


This is correct.


Thanks for the lightning fast reply - awesome service!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Felkor wrote:
Ranges always include the lower ranges.

Range 3 includes everything included in Range 1 and Range 2 and Range 3, and Range 2 includes everything in Range 1 and Range 2.


This is correct.



Thanks for that clarification. Honestly, I would have never assumed that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game last night. Wanted extra clarification based on this post.


With Cyclotron... if it is level 3 it hits all diagonal targets in range 1, 2 and 3?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
I just got the game last night. Wanted extra clarification based on this post.


With Cyclotron... if it is level 3 it hits all diagonal targets in range 1, 2 and 3?


Correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.