Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the ultra pro pocket pages for upgrade cards a while back but have discovered they are meant for sleeved cards. With unsleeved cards the cards come pouring out of the pockets far too easily. I don't really want to sleeve though I guess that might be a solution.

Before I do that, I'm just curious, are there similar pages out there for unsleeved cards? Or good hacks to get the cards to stay a bit more snug without having to sleeve?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
I picked up the ultra pro pocket pages for upgrade cards a while back but have discovered they are meant for sleeved cards. With unsleeved cards the cards come pouring out of the pockets far too easily. I don't really want to sleeve though I guess that might be a solution.

Before I do that, I'm just curious, are there similar pages out there for unsleeved cards? Or good hacks to get the cards to stay a bit more snug without having to sleeve?

Thanks!

Yes, Ultimate Guard's pockets are smaller and even unsleeved cards stay in pretty snug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend sleeving the upgrade cards, though. They are so small, they seem to fall on the floor A LOT - having them sleeved helps prevent them picking up too much debris, not to mention saving on wear and tear.

Also: given FFG is now apparently embracing card re-writes via the FAQ, the sleeves let you easily print out the 'corrected' text and slide it in with the original card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
KlydeFrog wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, Ultimate Guard's pockets are smaller and even unsleeved cards stay in pretty snug.

Sounds promising, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you're in Florida too.

I just bough a 100 pack from Amazon. I'll get you the id number.

I only used about 20 or so.

Could share the cost if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option.

UltraPro Mini-American Sheets

I find that these hold the mini-cards well.

Luke

Edit:Link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the ones that I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ARJ9AT0/ref=oh_aui_deta...

They are great and easily holds 4+ cards in each sleeve.

There are 16 cards per sheet and 100 sheets in a pack so you'll have a lot left over, as I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, both of the last two links are Ultrapro sleeves which is what I have I thought but mine look different. I bought mine on eBay before these were available I think and I just took a look and mine don't say Ultra Pro they say ... Pro Ultra. So the actual Ultra Pros hold the unsleeved cards in fairly snugly then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
Interesting, both of the last two links are Ultrapro sleeves which is what I have I thought but mine look different. I bought mine on eBay before these were available I think and I just took a look and mine don't say Ultra Pro they say ... Pro Ultra. So the actual Ultra Pros hold the unsleeved cards in fairly snugly then?

Not really. It will easily handle at least 5 cards but they are still a little loose. My binder is snug without being overly tight so they stay put well.

But if you turn the sheet upside down (on the binder) and shake, bounce, drop, you may have cards falling out.

Even some of the UltraPro binders have bungee wraps that keeps the binders and sheets snug.

Snug? No! but it depends on what is holding that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that makes sense. I have a loose folder they are in, it didn't even occur to me to put the pages themselves in something more snug. Maybe I'll try that.

I think I will pass on the offer to split costs on pages since they may be the same as what I have but thanks for the offer and comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultimate 32 pocket pages fit very snug. I started selling those recently. What I noticed is that its annoying using FFG card sleeves and trying to fit them in the ultimate 32 pocket pages, they keep snagging. So either use unsleeved cards or use the ultimate card sleeves for ultimate pages (and ultimate card sleeves are twice the cost of FFG, or something like that).

Otherwise put at least 2 sleeves cards per slot in the ultra pro pages, and never stretch out the those pockets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.