$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rapid Mobilization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Rules question that came up in my head while watching PBF010.

When using 2 heroes on Rapid Mobilization do both heroes need to have the logistics skill? Or could you use only 1 hero with the logistics skill and any hero as the second?

Both Mon Mothma and General Rieekan have been sent on this mission in PBF010 and I just found that interesting. It's a good game, I've never seen Gather Intel used so much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to reveal a mission, you must be able to meet the requirement, if one of the 2 leaders can do this then the other is indeed not required to do so but will still participate.
they work as a group on the mission
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheV0791 wrote:
Rules question that came up in my head while watching PBF010.

When using 2 heroes on Rapid Mobilization do both heroes need to have the logistics skill? Or could you use only 1 hero with the logistics skill and any hero as the second?

Both Mon Mothma and General Rieekan have been sent on this mission in PBF010 and I just found that interesting. It's a good game, I've never seen Gather Intel used so much.


I am almost certain both have to have the logistics skill in order to get the 8 card draw.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
model359 wrote:
TheV0791 wrote:
Rules question that came up in my head while watching PBF010.

When using 2 heroes on Rapid Mobilization do both heroes need to have the logistics skill? Or could you use only 1 hero with the logistics skill and any hero as the second?

Both Mon Mothma and General Rieekan have been sent on this mission in PBF010 and I just found that interesting. It's a good game, I've never seen Gather Intel used so much.


I am almost certain both have to have the logistics skill in order to get the 8 card draw.


Nope. As long as the card requirement is fulfilled by one logistics icon, the other leader's skills don't matter. They would still qualify as a second leader assigned to the card, which is all that's required for the eight card draw.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:


Nope. As long as the card requirement is fulfilled by one logistics icon, the other leader's skills don't matter. They would still qualify as a second leader assigned to the card, which is all that's required for the eight card draw.


Is that because the card is resolve and not attempt?

In this case, it didn't matter. the leaders I have available to me to play, I would have assigned both anyways. I just figured they both had to have the appropriate icon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
model359 wrote:
csouth154 wrote:


Nope. As long as the card requirement is fulfilled by one logistics icon, the other leader's skills don't matter. They would still qualify as a second leader assigned to the card, which is all that's required for the eight card draw.


Is that because the card is resolve and not attempt?

In this case, it didn't matter. the leaders I have available to me to play, I would have assigned both anyways. I just figured they both had to have the appropriate icon.


Nothing on the card suggests a second logistics icon is required for the extra draw. If it were, it would say something like "If two leaders with logistics icons are assigned...".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:


Nothing on the card suggests a second logistics icon is required for the extra draw. If it were, it would say something like "If two leaders with logistics icons are assigned...".


I can see that... you need the required icons to reveal the mission. On a mission attempt, you only roll dice equal to the icons, so if a leader has no icons you roll no dice for them.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
model359 wrote:
csouth154 wrote:


Nothing on the card suggests a second logistics icon is required for the extra draw. If it were, it would say something like "If two leaders with logistics icons are assigned...".


I can see that... you need the required icons to reveal the mission. On a mission attempt, you only roll dice equal to the icons, so if a leader has no icons you roll no dice for them.


Indeed. For a "resolve" mission, you could assign a second leader with no icons, but it wouldn't be very useful since they would contribute no dice. However, you could still do it (and it could be indirectly useful, because it would let you put the leader into the system at the same time; perhaps it could be a leader with Spec Ops icons to serve as a "bodyguard" of sorts in case of a capture attempt).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Any two leaders can be assigned to any mission. The only requirement is that combined, they need the appropriate number of icons.

If both leaders had to have the icons, you could never make Chewbacca a Jedi.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
perhaps it could be a leader with Spec Ops icons to serve as a "bodyguard" of sorts in case of a capture attempt).


I never thought of that... that is quite useful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
model359 wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
perhaps it could be a leader with Spec Ops icons to serve as a "bodyguard" of sorts in case of a capture attempt).


I never thought of that... that is quite useful.


I frequently send Chewy on diplomatic missions with Leia or Mon Mothma for just that reason.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since I'm an anal nut about citing actual rules references when discussing rules questions, here are what I believe to be some pertinent excerpts to help support the above discussion, FWIW:

From Rules Reference, page 8:
"If the leaders assigned to the mission do not have a combined number of matching skill icons equal to or exceeding the mission's skill requirement, the mission cannot be revealed".

Then, from page 9, for attempting an opposed mission:
"Each player rolls a number of dice equal to the combined number of skill icons on all of his leaders in the system whose skill icons match the mission card's skill."

and,

"If a mission specifies to "count all skill icons during this attempt", players roll one die for each skill icon on their respective leaders.

(bold is mine for all excerpts).

9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
So technically you don't have to assign the correct skill icons at all when choosing leaders to go on a mission. It's legal to assign anyone to any mission, just revealing the mission has the skill icon restrictions.

This is probably so making a mistake and accidentally assigning the wrong leader doesn't actually count as breaking the rules and play can continue without needing to alter the game state.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
So technically you don't have to assign the correct skill icons at all when choosing leaders to go on a mission. It's legal to assign anyone to any mission, just revealing the mission has the skill icon restrictions.

This is probably so making a mistake and accidentally assigning the wrong leader doesn't actually count as breaking the rules and play can continue without needing to alter the game state.


This and also for bluffing purposes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of opening a new thread, I post another question about that card here; If you use the other function of this card, i.e. move up to 5 units from any single system to the rebel base, do you have have to look for transport capacities (like in a regular move) or are there no restrictions? Could you for example move only ground units?

I think there are no restrictions, but there is a different miss that explicitly says to ignore transportation restrictions when moving only ground units.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
Instead of opening a new thread, I post another question about that card here; If you use the other function of this card, i.e. move up to 5 units from any single system to the rebel base, do you have have to look for transport capacities (like in a regular move) or are there no restrictions? Could you for example move only ground units?

I think there are no restrictions, but there is a different miss that explicitly says to ignore transportation restrictions when moving only ground units.


When moving units, you must abide by all transport restrictions except those specifically exempted. With RM, you must have transport capacity for ground units and you can't move the units out of a system containing one of your leaders.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.