Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this board physically the same dimensions as the previous boards? Since this expansion favors smaller player counts, it would be great if this board were a little smaller, to allow a few players to play this incredible game at a smaller table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other side of the 2 player Corsica map is Gallia which is for more players, so I would imagine the board will be the same size as the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Shoolman
Australia
Docklands
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep same size board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it and can confirm that is same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks all. Consistency is to be expected and not a bad thing, but perhaps a missed opportunity. I'll still buy it the moment it's available over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
Okay, thanks all. Consistency is to be expected and not a bad thing, but perhaps a missed opportunity. I'll still buy it the moment it's available over here.

Again, the other side of the 2 player map is a bigger map for more players, not sure how that's a missed opportunity, its not like both sides are small 2 player maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City-wise, Corsica (21 cities) is smaller than Hispania (24 cities) only because Hispania uses the A/B/D Salt cities.

It does seem that the Corsica board did offer enough space to return to the larger bonus-marker section that the original game had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:
DrumPhil wrote:

Again, the other side of the 2 player map is a bigger map for more players, not sure how that's a missed opportunity, its not like bo.h sides are small 2 player maps.

My comment is not meant to be a criticism. It is simply my wish to be able to play this game sometimes on a smaller table. It is still my #2 favorite game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:

It will never be available over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
DrumPhil wrote:

If each other expansion is, why do you say that about this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:
DrumPhil wrote:

If each other expansion is, why do you say that about this one?

First of all, no word from the publishers on when it will get here. I believe the game was an Essen release which was 2 months ago. As of Sunday the on line game stores I looked at still don't have it as a pre-order. There have been plenty of other games that have been pre-orders months in advance. I think that the normal delay for Essen release games is that they need to be shipped from Europe. The only thing that I can think of is that the print run was really small and they ran out/short of copies and the US will get theirs on the next print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took thirteen days but it looks like I have been proven wrong. This is now listed on the Rio Grande Games website as a new release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.