Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
We had a weird moment at the end of playing the prologue. We couldn't fit the folded up board back into the box... Is there some weird placement/positioning needed to get it to fit? Or are we just weird?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many reports of this. The board is a few mm too wide and will not properly fit back into the box without bending the sides a bit.

Many have found that you should put in the game board on top of all the province chests, more in the middle of the box, and then put the other province boards and rules on top of the board, and that way you should be able to get your board to fit and the lid to still go on correctly. That's what I've been doing and it works, even though the sides of the box are still bowed out a bit due to the board pushing them like that.

It's still one of the strangest things I've seen though. Manufacturer must have just cut the board slightly too wide, but it surprises me that that could happen and nobody figured it out until it was too late. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're not alone. My board is also too big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, same issue here. Being a Legacy game and all, not sure if it is worth getting a replacement (still thinking about it myself). What are other people doing ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
teg2 wrote:
Yes, same issue here. Being a Legacy game and all, not sure if it is worth getting a replacement (still thinking about it myself). What are other people doing ?

Jamming it in the best I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My pre-order copy also had the board problem. My wife liked the game so much that we picked up a second copy last weekend. The board in this copy was about a centimeter thinner and had the face of the board on the inside instead of outside when folded. Seems like only the early copies will have this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me, it's a just a tight fit. Yes the board scrapes against the side of the box a bit, but I can still get it into the box and fit everything else around it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the map board in first, on top of the plastic inserts, but below the players boards, rules, etc. Make sure that it's centered, length-wise. Then put the rest of the boards on top.

I found that if I tried to put the map board on top, it stretched the box top too much, but the above works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
teg2 wrote:

Jamming it in the best I can.

I was actually referring to asking for a board and/or box replacement. As I said, in this one instance, given it is a Legacy game, I might not bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Anyone have a pic? This makes zero sense to me. Can confirm my board fits in the same box it came from; can't imagine otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Put the map board in first, on top of the plastic inserts, but below the players boards, rules, etc. Make sure that it's centered, length-wise. Then put the rest of the boards on top.

I found that if I tried to put the map board on top, it stretched the box top too much, but the above works fine.

That's what we did, and it worked OK. It's a snug fit, but it's not damaging the board or the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
What? Anyone have a pic? This makes zero sense to me. Can confirm my board fits in the same box it came from; can't imagine otherwise.

This is the size difference between my two boards. Just enough to make it tight on the larger one. Note the larger version also has the printed side on the outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(PSN) SilentSniper_X_
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
wolffrostbrew wrote:
xen911 wrote:

This is the size difference between my two boards. Just enough to make it tight on the larger one. Note the larger version also has the printed side on the outside.

I know people have mentioned having an issue with the stickers on the creases of the first run boards. Do the smaller boards and reverse fold fix this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRosen9 wrote:
wolffrostbrew wrote:
xen911 wrote:

I know people have mentioned having an issue with the stickers on the creases of the first run boards. Do the smaller boards and reverse fold fix this problem?

I doubt it -- if they reversed the folds, then the sticker issue would just move to a different island further out to sea, wouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
JRosen9 wrote:
wolffrostbrew wrote:
xen911 wrote:

I doubt it -- if they reversed the folds, then the sticker issue would just move to a different island further out to sea, wouldn't it?

Changing the fold helps the problem as the stickers on the seams fold in on themselves instead of needing to break in half. There are still some spots where a cut will need to be made to close the board in the center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolffrostbrew wrote:
xen911 wrote:

This just confused me even more. So, the board itself is mis-cut so that two of the panels are bigger than the other two? That is super weird! "Printed side on the outside"... "Two boards"... So, your board is actually two separate panels that rest together rather than a quad-board?

No need to answer. Whatever this issue is, mine is thankfully free of this, but it's so unusual!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(PSN) SilentSniper_X_
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
xen911 wrote:
wolffrostbrew wrote:
xen911 wrote:

This just confused me even more. So, the board itself is mis-cut so that two of the panels are bigger than the other two? That is super weird! "Printed side on the outside"... "Two boards"... So, your board is actually two separate panels that rest together rather than a quad-board?

No need to answer. Whatever this issue is, mine is thankfully free of this, but it's so unusual!

The way I interpreted it is that the image is the board from two different games. The one on top is the board from the current run, the one on the bottom is the board from the earlier run (Gencon most likekly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The image is two boards. One board on top of the other. Pre-order copy on the bottom. Barnes & Noble copy on the top. I was sadly unable to get a copy at Gen Con, although it doesn't matter much now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.