Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. This is the page to watch for any updates:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

My guess is that the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping has set back the schedule for a lot of games. While I have no insider information, if Cosmic Eons isn't on the boat very soon, the odds of having it before the end of the year are very low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kolbe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Nope. This is the page to watch for any updates:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

My guess is that the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping has set back the schedule for a lot of games. While I have no insider information, if Cosmic Eons isn't on the boat very soon, the odds of having it before the end of the year are very low.

Oh no! What would you say roughly classifies as "very soon"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the next week or two. Generally speaking, it takes roughly 2 months between it getting "on the boat" and it hitting shelves of my FLGS. (Based on way too much experience watching things on that page over the years...)

That being said... Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne has been on the boat for two and a half months already. A few other games on that page are on, well, the same boat, at least metaphorically. So if the Hanjin bankruptcy has backlogged shipments that much already, we might not see Eons until 2017 no matter what.

Of course, it is entirely possible that the FFG minion in charge of updating that page is a bit behind.

All I know for sure is that I want this expansion soon! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, everyone -- Cosmic Eons is now "on the boat!" We have a chance of seeing it for the holidays, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is indeed some good news! Thanks cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Good news, everyone -- Cosmic Eons is now "on the boat!" We have a chance of seeing it for the holidays, then.

Amazing news!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Pulido
msg tools
It's shipping now! https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diegozpulido wrote:

Finally! Prepare to dial in!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Alba
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Shipping Now" for 14 days... I think my MM pre-order won't make it here in time for Christmas, but maybe before the New Year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Street date is Thursday, Dec. 22nd. Mail order is of course more variable...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mb
Both, CSI and Cardhauss have December 22nd as release date. MM does not has a release date announced. So, apparently online retailers will have it by tomorrow. A lot of delay with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I usually see things pop up on FLGS shelves a few days before the official street date. Also, BGG starts heating up as people get their copies and post the spoiler threads and early reactions.

No sign of that this time. I think the shipment is stuck in the Praw, maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
It's pretty bizarre that Fantasy Flight has not had a single news item about this product since August 10 — well over four months ago. Essentially no marketing, two years between expansions, missing the Christmas window ... it doesn't exactly paint a picture of a product line the publisher is excited about. I guess it makes sense from their perspective that all their "Cosmic" attention span was sucked over into The Iron Throne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror LCG first expansion also looks like it'll miss the Christmas window. I doubt very much they don't care about this line. It looks like shipping either went a lot slower than they hoped on some of these games or just bad timing.

Also, I'm pretty sure CE ranks pretty far down the line and is a niche product for them. I think it's pretty cool they're still releasing expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet all the trucks are stuck in the last-minute Christmas shopping traffic. I was just out in that during lunch and it gave me a new outlook on why everything is taking so bloody long right now.

As far as previews go, seems like the Eon guys are doing that all themselves, more or less, on Facebook. Not sure if that's the official arrangement or what, but a number of new alien names have been posted there the last few days.

The Iron Throne is definitely taking up some of the oxygen, too, but I don't blame them. That may be a big game for them. It's fun and very Thrones-y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
Yeah, like I said it makes sense from the FFG/FP perspective. A brand-new game based on a hot TV property is a higher priority than a small expansion set for a 40-year-old game. The "oxygen adjustment" just happens to be a bit unfortunate for those who haven't read the GRRM books or seen the show and may have no connection to the product that's got the limelight. Again, nothing wrong with that ... and for other players it's a boon because they got double treats this winter.

Still, I would have thought they would want at least one news article on their site about the pending release. Facebook isn't the only venue that matters. Doesn't really affect me personally, but it is kind of a curiosity from a marketing perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it seems that some stores already have Cosmic Eons...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uqa0V1ooY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Alba
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MM has it in stock this morning! I'm writing them to bundle and release my orders, which were waiting only for Cosmic Eons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely out! My copy won't arrive for a while yet, but I held one in a game store. The box is nicely bulging -- lots of stuff packed in this one.

I'm really curious to see how it came out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Pulido
msg tools
It's in stores now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.