Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterdays game dragged on way to long for this game. During the betting phase in the major episode went on and on and on. People kept taking a risk and getting a new card to play. Would the game be better if you house ruled it to be that you have to beat the bid not just tie it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have never had major episodes drag. The bidding is fairly quick. If you decide to take a risk, and neither card matches. You are forced out of the bid and also take a scratch. When you played, did the players drop out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowjump wrote:
We have never had major episodes drag. The bidding is fairly quick. If you decide to take a risk, and neither card matches. You are forced out of the bid and also take a scratch. When you played, did the players drop out?
Now that you mention it, no. But many times the players kept getting the right cards. Maybe if you do the risk and both cards match you must play them [house rule that maybe]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
shadowjump wrote:
Now that you mention it, no. But many times the players kept getting the right cards. Maybe if you do the risk and both cards match you must play them [house rule that maybe]

You must play both matching cards anyway.

Page 5: If you reveal 2 matching cards, even though one would have been enough to equal the required total, then nevertheless both cards are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
keso55 wrote:
shadowjump wrote:

You must play both matching cards anyway.

Page 5: If you reveal 2 matching cards, even though one would have been enough to equal the required total, then nevertheless both cards are played.
Wow! i really messed this up. House rule not needed any longer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
Yesterdays game dragged on way to long for this game. During the betting phase in the major episode went on and on and on. People kept taking a risk and getting a new card to play. Would the game be better if you house ruled it to be that you have to beat the bid not just tie it?

No. It would break the game at higher numbers of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
keso55 wrote:

No. It would break the game at higher numbers of players.
I see what you mean but don't have to consider it now because I realize that I have played it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.