Subject: Three questions (brushes, diplomas, a "joker" landscape") rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Elizarov
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased this lovely game at Essen Spiel. After trying it for the first time, we have three rules questions to see if we got everything right:

Brushes
Do we have to move a brush in order to use it? In other words, if a brush stays in place on a landscape, can it be used to paint that landscape? And when the brush is moved it can paint either a "starting" landscape or a "destination", correct?

Diplomas
When you "leave a diploma", do you have to return its bonus (a brush, a storm token etc)?

A "joker" landscape
Can this multi-use landscape in your studio be counted as one of the requirements for a light blue diploma for identical landscapes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
msg tools
mbmbmb
Brush
As far as I can tell there is no reason to move them from turn to turn,which would make it much harder if you can't get extra moves.

Leaving diplomas
They mean leave on the table when first you are eligible. When you reach three trees you have to decide at that moment to either take or leave the diploma. You cannot take that diploma, get another tree and trade the first for the next diploma. Do you take the points now or do you dare to push further?

Joker landscape
No, the identical landscape diploma needs identical landscapes, as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I have read so far:

Brushes:

A Print can only be added to your ongoing print if you have a brush or brushes on the required landscape icons. It doesn't say you have to move a brush to the required one or from a previous one to the required one as long as at the moment of you adding the print the brushes are already on the required icons then it is fine. So if they are on the right ones when you want to add a print then you are good. However that <-> is a once per turn move a brush anywhere in your studio. If you have more than 1 of those <-> then you can do it once per icon per turn.

I believe the multi icons are their own icon and not one of the others, even though when a brush is on it you choose what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Elizarov
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: brushes
Thank you for the responses!

What seems slightly confusing regarding brushes is this phrase: "Each brush can only paint one Landscape per round (before or after you move it)". This can be interpreted that the movement is required.

Additionally, if all brushes may simply stay in place, then a multi-use landscape icon in a studio seems to be extremely powerful. During our game we almost never had to move any brushes at all, sometimes easily painting two or even three lessons...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
holdtight wrote:
I've purchased this lovely game at Essen Spiel. After trying it for the first time, we have three rules questions to see if we got everything right:

Brushes
Do we have to move a brush in order to use it? In other words, if a brush stays in place on a landscape, can it be used to paint that landscape? And when the brush is moved it can paint either a "starting" landscape or a "destination", correct?

Diplomas
When you "leave a diploma", do you have to return its bonus (a brush, a storm token etc)?

A "joker" landscape
Can this multi-use landscape in your studio be counted as one of the requirements for a light blue diploma for identical landscapes?

i just confirm Terence's answers... thanks a lot !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
msg tools
mbmbmb
holdtight wrote:
Thank you for the responses!

What seems slightly confusing regarding brushes is this phrase: "Each brush can only paint one Landscape per round (before or after you move it)". This can be interpreted that the movement is required.

Additionally, if all brushes may simply stay in place, then a multi-use landscape icon in a studio seems to be extremely powerful. During our game we almost never had to move any brushes at all, sometimes easily painting two or even three lessons...

The multi landscapes are powerful, but there is a price of course, and in the eight or nine games we've played since saturday they've never come out as being overpowered. The negative points weigh heavily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Verhaevert
Belgium
Merchtem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the movement of brushes : Can a brush move 1 space per "move" sign you have or does 1 move sign give you the freedom to move 1 brush to whetever paint in your studio as this can heavily influence your possibilities in painting and the use of brushes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ontwaken wrote:
As for the movement of brushes : Can a brush move 1 space per "move" sign you have or does 1 move sign give you the freedom to move 1 brush to whetever paint in your studio as this can heavily influence your possibilities in painting and the use of brushes.

i would like to answer you, but i don't understand the question, sorry (just because of my for english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ontwaken wrote:
A Move symbol allows you to move 1 Brush token to any empty space you want in your Studio. It doesn't have to be adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Verhaevert
Belgium
Merchtem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno, j'essaierai en Françàis.

Pour le mouvement des pinceaux : est ce que le mouvement du pinceau est limite à 1 case par mouvement que tu as où est ce que tu sais deplacer le pinceau n'importe où?
Si tu as 2 mouvements tu sais alors déplacer deux pinceaus n'importe où.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ontwaken wrote:
Bruno, j'essaierai en Françàis.

Pour le mouvement des pinceaux : est ce que le mouvement du pinceau est limite à 1 case par mouvement que tu as où est ce que tu sais deplacer le pinceau n'importe où?
Si tu as 2 mouvements tu sais alors déplacer deux pinceaus n'importe où.

hello ben

I answer in english because the answer could be help other players:

Each arrow allows you to move one brush wherever you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.