Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim
United States
Darien
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Just received in southern Wisconsin.

Well packaged, damage free.

I order a lot of games and very few, if any, I have seen measure up to this level of quality and attention to detail. Reminds me of how exciting it was to open up a new game when I was younger. I spent the first 20 minutes just touching everything and smiling. If nothing else you should see this game to see what our hobby is capable of. I really hope they make more games. Maybe become their own publishing house?

Congratulations Riot - I hope that this is profitable for you and that you see the demand - please make more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grogan
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope other game designers and distributors take notes. They all can learn something from Riot Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
tomaisin wrote:
I hope other game designers and distributors take notes. They all can learn something from Riot Games.

We all keep forgetting the restrictions they are forced into by working with more parties on distribution.

If Riot were to run this through a normal chain, the price could top $125-150 pretty easily.

The amazing value for that price is all due to selling directly through Riot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
uzziel wrote:
Just received in southern Wisconsin.

Well packaged, damage free.

I order a lot of games and very few, if any, I have seen measure up to this level of quality and attention to detail. Reminds me of how exciting it was to open up a new game when I was younger. I spent the first 20 minutes just touching everything and smiling. If nothing else you should see this game to see what our hobby is capable of. I really hope they make more games. Maybe become their own publishing house?

Congratulations Riot - I hope that this is profitable for you and that you see the demand - please make more games.

Thanks, Jim. That is high praise. I'm glad the game reached you safe and intact. I'm looking forward to hearing more play-throughs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem van der Veen
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
Also received it here in the Netherlands. And wow what an amazing box. It feels like christmas when I was young. Layer after layer with amazing things to see. Can't wait to play this and opening the little box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here. I just spent a good half hour admiring the content of the huge box (which seems to be even heavier than a Cthulhu Wars core game - I'll have to do a weight comparison tomorrow), from the obviously superb miniatures and the beautiful metal coins to the silky high-quality paper/cardstock of the manuals. I'm so glad to have gotten this game, and I'm looking forward to the weekend, when I'll finally be able to give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
Same here. I just spent a good half hour admiring the content of the huge box (which seems to be even heavier than a Cthulhu Wars core game - I'll have to do a weight comparison tomorrow), from the obviously superb miniatures and the beautiful metal coins to the silky high-quality paper/cardstock of the manuals. I'm so glad to have gotten this game, and I'm looking forward to the weekend, when I'll finally be able to give it a try.

Looking forward to what you think of the gameplay. A pretty box is nice - and honestly no small amount of effort went into it - but ultimately, games are meant to be played. The gameplay is what matters.

Hope you have fun this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Hope you have fun this weekend!

Thanks a lot, I'm pretty sure we will enjoy it. Even my wife (who's not opposed to board games, but usually prefers to actually spend her time with other things) cannot hide a certain level of anticipation ... It didn't take much effort to convince her, which is a really good sign.

I'll certainly write about our gameplay impressions somewhere in these forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tomaisin wrote:

Step One: Own a company that has made a billion dollars.

Step Two: Release boardgame. laugh

http://www.pcgamer.com/league-of-legends-has-made-almost-1-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river stomp
msg tools
My order was placed last thursday by my nephew because I was out of town attending the Spiel 2016 in Essen (Riot would have made a huge impact there; we missed you). This monday I checked the UPS-tracking site every other hour: always got the message that an address sticker has been created. Tuesday morning it was already in delivery stage and by noon it was already delivered to my office.
In the evening I took an hour unboxing this monstrous package, feeling like a happy child. I watched Rahdos unboxing video but opening this game and admiring all the production details is a whole different experience. MvM sets the bar very very high. Thank you Riot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Darien
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
For me its not about the money as much as it is about the availability of a product with this level of professionalism. I would happily pay more for better quality in most of the games that I own.

I don't know what my upper limit would have been for this game but I do know that I have spent $100.00 plus and gotten a lot less many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed
Really looking forward to getting my copy. I really like the way Riot has handled this, I hope they continue making games and come in as a new competitor into the market. I hope this game is really good and not a one-off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daen Dubrulle
Belgium
Limburg
flag msg tools
Yeah, the little details made me smile.

- You can feel the logo on the top of the box.

- Pay attention to the game trays, they are so detailed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kring Sai
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I feel like whoever made the box layout got consulting work from a Timelord, it's insane how much is in the box, layer after layer.

This is by far the most well made, packaged and presented board game ever made. It's not even close, this thing is so nice.

I know it's just come out but I hope they do well and look at all the hype and happy people and think about doing some expansions or more games. Would insta buy again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kringsai wrote:
This is by far the most well made, packaged and presented board game ever made. It's not even close, this thing is so nice.

Yeah, mine arrived yesterday and it is easily the most pleasantly ridiculous thing I've ever gotten in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only agree with the others. This is hands-down the most impressive game I've ever seen, with through-the-roof VFM. I simply can't believe it and yet there it is, mocking my shelf with its gargantuan presence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Slavenburg
Netherlands
flag msg tools
TheKillingBean wrote:
Also received it here in the Netherlands. And wow what an amazing box. It feels like christmas when I was young. Layer after layer with amazing things to see. Can't wait to play this and opening the little box

Got it aswell! What a great box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Steggles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the whole package scream love.

the effort that has been made to package, and create the game is second to none.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kringsai wrote:
I feel like whoever made the box layout got consulting work from a Timelord, it's insane how much is in the box, layer after layer.

The trays came out of an amazing partnership with 'Game Trayz' based out of St. Louis. I'm sure Noah can chat to you about his experience working with us, but I couldn't have been prouder of his contributions. He's made after market trays (or trayz) for years, but this was the first time he'd ever worked on one for preproduction. It's definitely a different process.

I'd encourage you to check out their other work. For me, it just made putting away the game fun. But I guess I'm probably a bit odd in that sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I unpacked the trays I was actually wondering: Did you plan a certain number of minions before making the trays or was it a "hey, there is place for three more, lets put them there"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
kringsai wrote:

The trays came out of an amazing partnership with 'Game Trayz' based out of St. Louis. I'm sure Noah can chat to you about his experience working with us, but I couldn't have been prouder of his contributions. He's made after market trays (or trayz) for years, but this was the first time he'd ever worked on one for preproduction. It's definitely a different process.

I'd encourage you to check out their other work. For me, it just made putting away the game fun. But I guess I'm probably a bit odd in that sense.

Putting away the game is indeed fun. Although for some reason I consistently get all the trays in and realize I didn't pack the player boards, and then have to pull like 5 trays out to be able to get them back in, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Festini
Germany
Markt Schwaben
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even have to open the game box to be impressed. Just seeing with how much care the game was packaged to make sure it would arrive in pristine condition had me tempted to take pictures and add a big caption like "THIS is how you properly package a board game".

Once you take off the lid, it's one layer of "wow" after another. It's pretty much insanity in a box (the good kind). At twice the price it would seem like a good deal, at the actual price I almost feel like I ripped them off. No surprise so many are bringing up Christmas, the game certainly feels like a gift to board gamers.

Can't wait to see if I can get it to the table this weekend. I hope all it takes is one look inside the box to get them eager to try it and I hope the game itself will be enough to get them hooked (Space Alert and Zombicide are among our most often played games and MvM might just combine the best aspects of both).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
When I unpacked the trays I was actually wondering: Did you plan a certain number of minions before making the trays or was it a "hey, there is place for three more, lets put them there"?

i believe in the nerd nighters interview, this was due to their being a slight variation with prototypes and the final thing, they needed to reconfigure the trays due to a variation in the size of the minis i believe. it's a good interview if you check it out. I believe it was on Oct 12th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:

True story: We had the trays made and delivered to China before we realized that there were only 98 slots for minions but we'd already committed to making 100. Noah had to go and sneak two more slots in for us.

Making games can be hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
mbmb
ovis wrote:

It was definitely "Hey Noah, there is 100 minions in the game make them fit!"

Was quite a challenge since I designed the cavity to hold any of the 4 poses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.