We are a friendly group of all kinds who play every type of board game. So why not visit to learn and play great games with great people?
Apparently Calico Jack the notorious pirate was captured by the British on 20 October 1720. Any one have a pirate or sea themed game?
Ludo Outaouais 2016: 25-27 November. A multi-day open gaming spectacular!
Ottawa Geek Market: The open gaming area seemed hopping when I went to check it out. What did you play?
There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 20 October 2016. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.
We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames 2016 to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the doors facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
Can't make it this week. I want to bring 1865 again now that I have a firm hold on the rules.