Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To summarize a few threads and posts from the main game forum:

1. The eight promo Terrain Deck Objective Cards will not be included.

(Edit: now available from the bgg store)

2. The Structure Cards in the image gallery are still only drafts.

3. The box is very small compared to the Core Game.

4. No distribution date has yet been announced.

5. Grant has hinted that he is working on other races/factions for the future, and the game will be well supported.

Feel free to add more here as it becomes known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe sedita
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I wonder if you'll use all the buildings or need to pick a certain number...

Excited for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You will have the same amount of Structures in play as in base game. You will just get them out of bigger number of available structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keldan Campbell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
When will we get a full overview of the expansion? Sometime soon or is it still a ways off. I have been enjoying cry havoc and this has gotten me really excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we think they'll address the Scouting issue from the base game? Perhaps provide a modified card to reduce the strength and balance it out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps. One poster on the main game forum simply suggests leaving it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i didn't think the scouting was that bad in the base game. It was adjusted in the official FAQ. I don't think it made that much of a difference for humans. When we saw humans taking a lot of territories the other players would simply enable scoring so that humans couldn't take advantage of scoring for all their gained territories. Then we stripped them from the humans before they go a chance to score next round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Cunningham
msg tools
https://twitter.com/trzewik/status/821100002558746624

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin M
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe a Solo variant of the game?
That would be great.

Martin M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mamwee wrote:
Maybe a Solo variant of the game?
That would be great.

Martin M.

Edit: BGG won't display my thumbs down emoji.

Portal mothership may have something I haven't heard about yet, but solo won't come from me. There is a solo variant from the community on these boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boombastix
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info from GAMA:

https://youtu.be/cvgv2aFfy9w?t=13m8s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they will fix the Machines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like a Gen Con release if I heard right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFTERMATH CONTENT

1. Doubling the number of faction structures and skills to 6 and 10 respectively.

2. Variant: Rather than shortening the game a turn, overlapping an event leads to a new scoring opportunity for that turn only.

3. Adds a Leader with a special power to each faction (currently being play tested).

4. Creates a pool of common structures any faction can use, with three of each.

5. Modular Introduction: although #4 above is always added to the base game; you can choose which other new modules to use.

Yes, GenCon release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
chas59 wrote:
AFTERMATH CONTENT

1. Doubling the number of faction structures and skills to 6 and 10 respectively.

2. Variant: Rather than shortening the game a turn, overlapping an event leads to a new scoring opportunity for that turn only.

3. Adds a Leader with a special power to each faction (currently being play tested).

5. Modular Introduction: although #4 above is always added to the base game; you can choose which other new modules to use.

Yes, GenCon release.

It seems you indeed know something, Jon Snow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
chas59 wrote:
AFTERMATH CONTENT

Yes, GenCon release.

It seems you indeed know something, Jon Snow!

Or, he watched the video?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple Yes, I just summarized the video. We can discuss it now more easily, if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My initial thoughts are that all this stuff sounds awesome

Leaders I think are the bit I'm finding hardest to imagine how they'd slot in - the others all seem pretty clear.

Will the leader be a special dude on the map? The maps so tight already, would be hard to stop people trying to snipe opponents leaders asap. Or perhaps they exist 'off-board', just giving a bonus. But then what differentiates them from being just another skill?

Much smarter people than me are designing and testing all this stuff so I'm sure it will work out great though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexthebanks wrote:

Leaders I think are the bit I'm finding hardest to imagine how they'd slot in - the others all seem pretty clear....

I'm worried about how they fit in also!
But I'm thinking about my existing Daedalus Production insert instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boombastix
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even play the base version anymore knowing that the game shortening mechanism is being fixed. It's going to be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess you could always play the base game without the game shortening rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the shortening is mentioned as a variant in the rulebook, right?

chas59 wrote:
Well, I guess you could always play the base game without the game shortening rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexthebanks wrote:

Leaders I think are the bit I'm finding hardest to imagine how they'd slot in - the others all seem pretty clear.

Will the leader be a special dude on the map? The maps so tight already, would be hard to stop people trying to snipe opponents leaders asap. Or perhaps they exist 'off-board', just giving a bonus. But then what differentiates them from being just another skill?

Much smarter people than me are designing and testing all this stuff so I'm sure it will work out great though!

I'd hope that leaders can only be defeated in battle and not through shred drones or what have you (similar to Daimyos in Rising Sun AFAIK). Also perhaps they simply retreat to an adjacent controlled region and are not removed to your reserve if they're defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:
Actually, the shortening is mentioned as a variant in the rulebook, right?

Yep, in the second printing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlc2 wrote:
Alexthebanks wrote:

I'd hope that leaders can only be defeated in battle and not through shred drones or what have you (similar to Daimyos in Rising Sun AFAIK). Also perhaps they simply retreat to an adjacent controlled region and are not removed to your reserve if they're defeated.

Do we know for sure that leaders will have their own minis or even represented on the board? I'd assume they would simply reside in the HQ and offer special powers that extend to your troops. Maybe a tile that notches into your board like buildings or a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.