GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,258 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rebuilding Tech 1 and Tech 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a thing come up in a recent game where due to lingering damage, I took out his Tech I and Tech III in a single turn. This raised the question: On his next turn, could he rebuild both? Technically, each of them had their pre-req in play so...? Yah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, since his Tech 2 was intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's fine.

On the other hand, if you destroyed the Tech II and the Tech III, he'd only be able to rebuild Tech II on his next turn; Tech III would have to wait for the turn afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The opponent started building tech 1 building on his turn.
It is now your turn.
Can you attack his tech 1 building ?

I assume you can only attack after the building is completed. So the answer would be "no".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MVashM wrote:

The opponent started building tech 1 building on his turn.
It is now your turn.
Can you attack his tech 1 building ?

I assume you can only attack after the building is completed. So the answer would be "no".

Tech building and addon finish to build at the end of the turn. So when it comes to your turn, the opponent tech 1 is built, so yes you can attack it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it wrong then.
I thought it gets built at the start of the owner's turn.

The way you explained it opens more control options devil
I like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, a key tactical element of the game is when you start your Tech II building, which requires you to be able to defend it for that turn before you get to use it. If I start Tech II, and my opponent destroys it on their turn before I get to use it, that's very bad indeed for me; sure, I get to rebuild it each turn for free, but I've invested the $4 to build Tech II while my opponent didn't, and for as long as he can keep destroying it each turn, we're both playing only Tech 0/I cards, but he's got that gold advantage on me, and he's dealing base damage too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Do I understand correctly that, if you have a Tech I and Tech II built, your opponent may attack (and destroy) the lower level Tech building, the Tech I for example, first? I wasn't sure if this is allowed. If that can happen, then that would mean you can then play Tech II units, but no Tech I units, right? During my first game, my opponent and I assumed that you must always destroy the Tech Building of the highest level first before you destroy one of a lower level, not counting the add-ons, base or buildings on cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can target any Tech Building you want. If you have a Tech 2 standing but no Tech 1, you can play Tech 2 cards but not Tech 1 ones and can build your Tech 3 building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
Do I understand correctly that, if you have a Tech I and Tech II built, your opponent may attack (and destroy) the lower level Tech building, the Tech I for example, first? I wasn't sure if this is allowed. If that can happen, then that would mean you can then play Tech II units, but no Tech I units, right? During my first game, my opponent and I assumed that you must always destroy the Tech Building of the highest level first before you destroy one of a lower level, not counting the add-ons, base or buildings on cards.

Consider you are playing an RTS game. If you have building A and B built, but opponent destroy building A, your building B is still functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.