Subject: Book of Skelos/Backside of unit tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Kraft
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I have a few questions concerning the unit tiles.
Do you use them at all? I could not find something about it in the rulebook. Do you flip them over when a monster or monster group is wiped out?
We played it that way. Of course then the flipped over unit tiles pile up in the cheap-to-activate places of the Book of Skelos. If this is the case can you pay one red stone to move them to last position again?
Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hankeys deef
msg tools
Yes exactly. The (completely destroyed) unit can be activated with a red gem again and so put it at the end of the River. Alternatively, you can also sacrifice 2 red gems to completely remove the tile from the game and just simply spawn new units with the Event tile. Then you can simply turn back the Tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kraft
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it! Thank you. Page 5 bottom of the Overlord's Book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
I had thought that permanently removing the tile for 2 gems meant you couldn't respawn that? I believe you can only respawn the 'bloodied' tiles on your river. I could be quite wrong there though.

*Edit* Bottom of page 4 in the overlord book about "Dredging the river" removes the tile to the game box. Then Page 5 "Reinforcements" explains that you can respawn models whose tile is on the river.

So if you remove a bloodied tile from the river for two gems it is gone for the rest of the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
ForeverDead wrote:
So if you remove a bloodied tile from the river for two gems it is gone for the rest of the scenario.

Which is nice for units you are confident you no longer need. I never did this in the PnP games I played solo against myself, but I have used it quite a bit with real opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.