6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advancing the Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Asmus
msg tools
Hi All,

I feel really dumb for asking this but I think you all can answer faster than me re-reading the rules 50 times to only have the answer right in front of my face.

When finishing a scenario and advancing the campaign, do I reset (shuffle) the skill decks for each player and reset horror/damage counters (other then permanent terror)? Or does this carry over exactly as the last scenario finished?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the game instructs you otherwise, you do not carry over damage and horror your character has sustained.

You do re-shuffle your deck. Remember, between scenarios you have the option to buy new cards to swap into your deck by spending experience points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
Unless the game instructs you otherwise, you do not carry over damage and horror your character has sustained.

You do re-shuffle your deck. Remember, between scenarios you have the option to buy new cards to swap into your deck by spending experience points.

I felt totally dumb too; I re-read and re-read....but where is this written? What about supplies/clues/etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 14 of the Learn to Play Guide, under "What's Next?" it says:

After you’ve completed the game, you may wish to continue
the campaign. To do so, read “Expanded Campaign
Rules,” on pages 3 and 4 of the Campaign Guide. Then
proceed to the scenario “The Midnight Masks,” using the
setup rules found on page 27 of the Rules Reference.

On page 27 of the Rules Reference, you find Appendix III, which tells you to go through the set up steps, which includes taking trauma if applicable, and shuffling decks, etc., which effectively resets everything for the next game (scenario).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth remembering that a Scenario is also a Game (for the purpose of Wendy's weakness, for example). New Scenario, New Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GI Joe wrote:
On page 14 of the Learn to Play Guide, under "What's Next?" it says:

After you’ve completed the game, you may wish to continue
the campaign. To do so, read “Expanded Campaign
Rules,” on pages 3 and 4 of the Campaign Guide. Then
proceed to the scenario “The Midnight Masks,” using the
setup rules found on page 27 of the Rules Reference.

On page 27 of the Rules Reference, you find Appendix III, which tells you to go through the set up steps, which includes taking trauma if applicable, and shuffling decks, etc., which effectively resets everything for the next game (scenario).

Thanks. Pg 27 of the RR does the trick. I think one of the things that was throwing me off a bit was the definition of game: a 'game' consists of a single scenario, not an entire campaign. In a campaign, the beginning of a new scenario marks the start of a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.