Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In a six player game we start with 6 crypts on the board. How can any player hope to collect to four of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Vergendo
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Crypts are replaced on every terraforming action (on the new tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ziomauri wrote:
Crypts are replaced on every terraforming action (on the new tile).

What if none of the six is a terraformer? And if people playing a long game? Will the game go on forever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it say you need to get four relics? I thought it was just whoever got the 4th relic. The wording I saw was this:

"Relic Collector: obtained once a player gains the 4th Relic"

I'm not sure I like either interpretation

Of course I think you are right, why would they call it relic collector if you only needed the fourth one. So if that is true then I think you are correct. It would mean its possible for that achievement to become impossible to complete! I guess you can't use this game end condition in a long game with more than 2 players! Or you could just say that once it becomes impossible for someone to achieve it, that it no longer counts. And you only need the two remaining conditions to be filled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hütig
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This interpretation makes sense but it also makes a short game possibly VERY SHORT, because you can easily get a relic on your first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flood
United States
Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have to collect four yourself. The objective tile shows x4, not 4th relic. And who would get the other Relic Collector tile/points - the person who got the fifth and sixth, etc? If you collected the first three you might get zilch?
But even if you seeded the initial six Crypts with two Terraforming relics that would not guarantee any more coming out even with replacing the center six borderland tiles.
Seems like something is missing from the rules or it wasn't playtested much.
Hopefully the former and we will hear from the designer(s) soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Until I hear from the designer(s), I just removed this objective from the game. The ghost one isn't the most fun either, but at least it's achievable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.