6 Posts

Unicornus Knights» Forums » General

Subject: Soo did anyone play yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did anyone get a chance to play this yet? I would love to read some opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
Only half a game whilst being very tired yet. It was promising if not a bit fiddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, if you play again I would love to hear your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here are my thoughts from that partial first play:

My initial feeling was: "silly anime mage knight" (to me that's a good thing). You traverse a map full of enemies to kill, different terrain types have different movement cost.

I like the dilemma of wanting to outfit your characters with as many units as possible vs. only being able to move huge forces at great recourse cost.

The fate deck is where the silly anime (again, I consider that a good thing) aspect comes to play:
I had one of my characters move close to an enemy character to take him out having to cut through lots of enemy forces on the way. The said enemy character's special ability is that you can't win the game as long as he is in play, so I was desperate to win him. I draw the Fate card: "Love at first sight". He became my ally, but sadly they didn't live that long due to some terrible dice rolling.

There is huge amounts of dice chucking. So, if you don't like your character to die because of a series of terrible rolls it's not your game.

I quit the game due to time constraints and rule uncertainties (I was eager to play and didn't read the rules as carefully as I'm used to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Henry
United Kingdom
Wellington
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but did open it and punch out everything.

The artwork is gorgeous, and the components high quality.

Looking forward to deciphering the rules and getting a game in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.