$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you reroll same dice multiple times from ability/item rerolls (not spending gems) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
I know you can spend gems and keep rerolling same die over and over. But, ignoring that, in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

It is especially important in case of powerful monsters, which have 3 red dice each with reroll. If I roll 3,3,1, can I keep rerolling 1 up to three times?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
To my understanding yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yuffie kasiragi
msg tools
Interestingly, our group agreed that it does not work that way - like you have to roll all dice at once, you also have to reroll all at once.
(the special reroll via Stamina allows you to then reroll again and again and again if needed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
abies wrote:
I know you can spend gems and keep rerolling same die over and over. But, ignoring that, in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

It is especially important in case of powerful monsters, which have 3 red dice each with reroll. If I roll 3,3,1, can I keep rerolling 1 up to three times?

The Heroes' Book states on p. 10:

"Once a player rolls a die indicated by one of these icons, the player may reroll one die of the matching type without performing a Reroll action."

It is merely a die of the matching type, and not the exact same die. So in the OP’s examples, yes, both rerolls can be applied to die B. And for the powerful monster with three red dice all of which have a reroll arrow symbol, yes, all three rerolls can be applied to that same die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue is not explained very well in the rules. My gut feeling is that the re-rolls don't stack.

Input from playtesters or Monolith would be nice on this one...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abies wrote:
(...) in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

Yes.

abies wrote:

The Overlord is not here to push minis and pleased the heroes with a bloody onslaught ! So, don't mess with the Dark Demon. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:

So, don't mess with the Dark Demon. devil

Holy Cow !!!! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Once again Lord Blackfire is correct!

You can reroll any die of the same type/color, twice in the given example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stenfisker wrote:
Pallantides wrote:

So, don't mess with the Dark Demon. :devil:

Holy Cow !!!! :wow:

Good, that's what we like to hear: bad-ass monsters hit hard =8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
abies wrote:
(...) in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

Yes.

abies wrote:

The Overlord is not here to push minis and pleased the heroes with a bloody onslaught ! So, don't mess with the Dark Demon. devil

Update/correction: BadKam (from Monolith) explains in thread 1657999 that each die can only be re-rolled one time for free, regardless of how many "leftover" re-rolls the dice might provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Kam is contradicting himself. In this thread (quote below) he specifically said you can free reroll a given die multiple times, and in the other thread he said only one free reroll on a given die.

So I guess it is unclear at this point which it is.

BadKam wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
Update/correction: BadKam (from Monolith) explains in thread 1657999 that each die can only be re-rolled one time for free, regardless of how many "leftover" re-rolls the dice might provide.

Yes, this is the good explanation from Fred Henry, the lead designer himself. So my bad on this one...blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Matejczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
So if monster can roll 3 red dice with reroll like Dark Demon you have only one chance to use free reroll and then you need to pay extra gems for next rerolls.
Example:
I roll 3 red dices. I get 2,3,0 symbols. I decide to reroll 0 dice. I get 1. So now if I would like to reroll I have to pay extra gems? Or I can use that 2 free rerolls that I didn't used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonheart666 wrote:
Example:
I roll 3 red dices. I get 2,3,0 symbols. I decide to reroll 0 dice. I get 1. So now if I would like to reroll I have to pay extra gems? Or I can use that 2 free rerolls that I didn't used?

No, that's clear now, if you get 2,3 and 0 and you choose to re-roll the 0 and get 1, you have to pay an extra gem to re-roll this particular die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
JamesG wrote:
Bad Kam is contradicting himself. In this thread (quote below) he specifically said you can free reroll a given die multiple times, and in the other thread he said only one free reroll on a given die.

So I guess it is unclear at this point which it is.

BadKam wrote:

Yes, I was wrong the first time.
You can reroll a die for free only once.

Sorry about that. I have been punished by spending a week by myself in a Pict village rubbing the back of ZOgar Sag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
I have been punished by spending a week by myself in a Pict village rubbing the back of ZOgar Sag...

That was harsh ! Don't forget to take a selfie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.