$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Belit's guards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mb
How do those work ? Cant find any rules about them but how are they used in scenario 2 ? They are placed on the boat but how do they move, how can they attack, who activates them ?

I like the components but I havent encountered a game rulebook that confuses me that much.

Maybe I should have played a session at Moniliths booth while I was at Spiel last week.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
Belit herself has leadership ability (yellow box), which allows her to activate ally for cost of 1 gem. You can then move and attack once, but as far as I'm aware you cannot spend any extra gems on rerolls/etc. You can also active given ally only once per round.

Remember that Belit also gives free rerolls to everybody in same space (including her guards).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mb
And you use the stats from the small tile then ?

Is this anywhere explained in the rules ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
Yes, I for one am using the tile for her guards.

No, I have not seen Belit's use of her guards explained in the rules as such. But I'm not sure it is supposed to be. Most of it comes from checking which skills the character has and reading up on them on the reference sheets. It explains the "1 gem per ally" and "once per round" bits.

As for using the tile for their stats, there is a hint in the skill description:

"Activated allies move and attack like units."

Since "unit" is a game term for a model that has stats on a tile and for which there are multiple and identical models, this leads to using the Belit's guards tile for the stats for those models.

But I can well imagine that this will be given some consideration in the upcoming revision of the rulebooks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah,
just have "belit's guards" tile along side belit's equipment (or other character with the command skill), and it should be pretty easy from there,..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthin wrote:
Yes, I for one am using the tile for her guards.

No, I have not seen Belit's use of her guards explained in the rules as such. But I'm not sure it is supposed to be. Most of it comes from checking which skills the character has and reading up on them on the reference sheets. It explains the "1 gem per ally" and "once per round" bits.


Just to expand on that, as the rule is not as explicit as it should be and may cause some confusion: Leadership allows one to activate one ally model per gem, not the whole ally group. This differs from the Overlord, who always activates whole groups of a matching color. Thus, to activate 3 guards, Bêlit must spend 3 gems.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Matejczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Summary:
If I understand correctly what you are saying. When I play for example Belit:
1. I spend (move to my Fatigue zone) X gems that allows me to move my X "Belit's Guadrs". Let's say that I spend 2 gems so I can move 2 Guards.

2. Those 2 guards can move up to 3 areas and perform an attack using 1 oragne die. They can make a 1 reroll. Those information are on ability tiles: Belit's guards has 3 moving points, 1 defense, and can perform melee attack using 1 orange die with reroll.
Example:
After activation of those 2 guards I have moved one guard 3 areas and perform an attack using 1 orange die to kill one enemy. I get a blank die so enemy survive my attack.
The second guard is in the area with one other enemy. He wants to help the first guard to kill that enemy which is in an adjacent area to him. He move to adjacent area to help. He spend a 2 move points. 1 for move form one area to another and another 1 point because he move from a area where was one enemy (hindering). He has 1 more move point but he decide to perform an attack. In that case he loose his 1 move point and after performing an attack he can't move more.

3. You can use guards special abilities.
Example: There are three characters in the same area. Belit, guard and enemy pirate. Enemy pirate perform an attack at Belit. Before Overlord rolls, Belit must spend an extra gem to activate guard or not? to activate guard "Sacrifice" ability to change a target of an attack.

Example 2:
When you want to move your guard to another ship and need to jump across, you just use your "Leap" ability and perform a red die roll.

Can someone confirm that I'm thinking right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am sure that "sacrifice" is a passive skill.you don't need any gem for that...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonheart666 wrote:
Summary:
If I understand correctly what you are saying. When I play for example Belit:
1. I spend (move to my Fatigue zone) X gems that allows me to move my X "Belit's Guards". Let's say that I spend 2 gems so I can move 2 Guards.

Yes you can "activate" 2 guards (not only move). Activation is move + attack.

Dragonheart666 wrote:
2. Those 2 guards can move up to 3 areas and perform an attack using 1 oragne die. They can make a 1 reroll. Those information are on ability tiles: Belit's guards has 3 moving points, 1 defense, and can perform melee attack using 1 orange die with reroll.
Example:
After activation of those 2 guards I have moved one guard 3 areas and perform an attack using 1 orange die to kill one enemy. I get a blank die so enemy survive my attack.
The second guard is in the area with one other enemy. He wants to help the first guard to kill that enemy which is in an adjacent area to him. He move to adjacent area to help. He spend a 2 move points. 1 for move form one area to another and another 1 point because he move from a area where was one enemy (hindering). He has 1 more move point but he decide to perform an attack. In that case he loose his 1 move point and after performing an attack he can't move more.

Yes, when playing allies the hero with the command skill put the allies tile next to his hero sheet.
Your example sounds good to me, but don't forget the free re-rolls.

Dragonheart666 wrote:
3. You can use guards special abilities.
Example: There are three characters in the same area. Belit, guard and enemy pirate. Enemy pirate perform an attack at Belit. Before Overlord rolls, Belit must spend an extra gem to activate guard or not? to activate guard "Sacrifice" ability to change a target of an attack.

Example 2:
When you want to move your guard to another ship and need to jump across, you just use your "Leap" ability and perform a red die roll.

Example 1 : sacrifice does not need a gem to be activated. The player has only to declare which miniature he wants to sacrificed before the OL roll the attack dices.

Example 2 : Yes, you roll the dice against the jump's difficulty. But don't forget it's also a move ! So if your jump is a succes, you need to spend 2 movement points.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Matejczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Great! Thanks for the answer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many guards does Belit get? And do they start the game in play, or does Belit somehow have to bring them on board during the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
How many guards does Belit get? And do they start the game in play, or does Belit somehow have to bring them on board during the game?


The answer to all of those is scenario-dependent. She doesn't get them unless the scenario says so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
How many guards does Belit get? And do they start the game in play, or does Belit somehow have to bring them on board during the game?


The answer to all of those is scenario-dependent. She doesn't get them unless the scenario says so.


Wouldn't that make her considerably weaker than the others in the first scenario? Because I thought Belit's big thing was the fact that she has guards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Hi all,

Just to complete the answers, a character with the Leadership ability can also spend gems to gain extra movements (1 gem = 1 movement points) for their allies, and they can spend gems to defend them (1 gem = 1 orange die).

This will be cleared in the new version of the rulebook.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Hmm Bad Kam do you have some secret insider knowledge?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Yeah I should mention I work with Monolith
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Well I suppose that's as insider as it gets haha.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so BadKam, when is the new rulebook due?
soon hopefully! otherwise you have your whole BGG Conan Forums full of rule questions, clarifications and issues...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
We are moving as fast as we can. Giving you a date will be difficult but it won't be too far in the future for the reasons you mentionned.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dial move
Spain
San Martin de la Vega
Madrid
flag msg tools
TheNameWasTaken wrote:

Wouldn't that make her considerably weaker than the others in the first scenario? Because I thought Belit's big thing was the fact that she has guards.


Yes, but I think that's why she starts the scenario near Conan; and she can play an important role with good thinking and a bit of luck. I played her and survived the first few turns by staying close to the barbarian, until I had the chance to rest (she also starts very low on stamina). She has decent manipulation, so I could open a chest and found an exploding orb, with which I could kill six enemies in a single attack.

And later she has a chance to shine, as she's the only one who may carry the princess unencumbered by just dropping the spear. I run cross the open field when the other heroes were all busy killing foes, picked her and run back in a single turn, and got her near the exit.

This got me almost killed when the enemy priest and a soldier got me cornered alone, but I was full hit points and managed to survive by sheer luck. We only needed that turn for Conan to arrive and save the day, clearing the board and allowing us all to escape.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
Is there a limit to how many times an ally can be activated? If I keep paying gems can the same ally be activated multiple times in the same turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kdc629 wrote:
Is there a limit to how many times an ally can be activated? If I keep paying gems can the same ally be activated multiple times in the same turn?


No, each ally can only be activated once per turn. This is stated in the description of the Leadership ability.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d andrews
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
sure wish I would have searched here first. Took me a good amount of time to put this rule together...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.