Subject: Rules : Smoke Bomb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Bitsch
France
flag msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:
What about those HP items? The Ninja got 11HP total (3+3+5), if he goes down to 8, can he then discard the 3HP Curative Herbs without getting down to 5?
You discard shields and armors as soon as you lost as many HP, starting with the smaller item.
So the Ninja would lose the Curative Herb as soon as his HP are down to 8.
But if he has 9 HP left and chooses to use the Smoke Bomb on the Herbs, he'd drop to 8 (not 6!). The item lost HP before, not the Hero.
I played the game tonight and explain to my friend this rule.
He told me that's weird, because of the Gelatinous Cube's description :
Rulebook wrote:
If you choose to discard an HP+ Equipment, immediately lose the number of HP indicated by this Equipment. Then move the Dragon token on the HP board to the new total.
So, we played as the rulebook says.
It makes the Smoke Bomb less powerful, and makes sense with the other Adventurers tiles, as the Necromancer's Possession Scroll, which swap your total HP with the defeated monster's strength.

I just want to be sure we play the game as it would be. Can you confirm that the rule from the Gelatinous Cube works for the Smoke Bomb ?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah then, I stand corrected. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Bitsch
France
flag msg tools
Thank you for the fast answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So wait... does the Smoke Bomb work the same way as the Gelatinous Cube? if you discard an HP item, you lose those HP immediately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
msg tools
mb

As per Dunker's message I too would like clarification on this.

What you're saying is that if I have 5HP on the Life Board with the Ninja (3HP Printed) and still have my Weird Concoction (5HP Equipment) and discard it to use Smoke Bomb... I die because I lose the 5HP from the Concoction and not the 1 as per the Life Board?

Alflex wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:
What about those HP items? The Ninja got 11HP total (3+3+5), if he goes down to 8, can he then discard the 3HP Curative Herbs without getting down to 5?
You discard shields and armors as soon as you lost as many HP, starting with the smaller item.
So the Ninja would lose the Curative Herb as soon as his HP are down to 8.
But if he has 9 HP left and chooses to use the Smoke Bomb on the Herbs, he'd drop to 8 (not 6!). The item lost HP before, not the Hero.

Personally the above quotation should also stand for Gelatinous Cube as it makes the game far too unfair unless he shows up right at the end. But the special cards work to make the game a lot more challenging so if that's how it is then so be it. We all like a chalange.

However I can't accept that Smoke Bomb should follow the same rules...

Smoke Bomb goes from a balanced equipment to making the Ninja a poor excuse of a Hero and in fact a useless Ninja

Whilst typing Alflex mentioned the following:

Quote:
It makes the Smoke Bomb less powerful, and makes sense with the other Adventurers tiles, as the Necromancer's Possession Scroll, which swap your total HP with the defeated monster's strength.

Has there been an update to the game recently because my Scroll reads 'Defeat one Monster. Add their total strength to your HP'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Bitsch
France
flag msg tools
I'm a bit late, but here is your answer :
Alflex wrote:
Possession scroll
The english tile says : "Defeat one Monster. Add their total strenght to your HP".
The french tile says : "Defeat one Monster. Swap your HP for their total strenght".
Mattintheweb wrote:
It's not really intended (I think both versions were considered at some time, but for some reason, we kept a different one for each version… ), but both versions are totally okay to play with.
We're expecting a few English "SWAP" spare tiles, so if you really want one, you may contact our customer services to get one (cs@iellogames.com for America, sav@iello.fr for Europe and other continents).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.