Subject: Final Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player activated scoring during a round and afterwards a player also passes Enable Final Scoring during the same round, what happens?

1) Final scoring only
2) Both Scoring and then Final Scoring in the same round
3) Scoring then another round is played then Final Scoring

The third paragraph under "end of the game": Scoring is...
is very confusing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Enable final scoring is an event. Events are triggered at the beginning of a round, not during.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Quinn
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted a similar question.
I used the example of a player on 37 points, who enables scoring in round 3. This scores him 13, so he passes event 4 and lands on Enable Final Scorings spot.
I assume the answer is 3) on your list, but will wait for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDoubleHelix wrote:
Enable final scoring is an event. Events are triggered at the beginning of a round, not during.

What he said. You enable scoring as the Event. It works just like any event.

So, round 3, during enable scoring (b/c it was enabled as an action), someone passes Event 4 and Event 5 (Enable Scoring).

The next round is the last round. You resolve Event 4, which was moved up. You then resolve Event 5, which is enable scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

HerrohGrant wrote:
What he said. You enable scoring as the Event. It works just like any event.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread, because the part I bolded in the excerpt above was NOT obvious to me from reading the rules. After reading the Event and Scoring sections many times over, I didn't get it.

Probably because the "Resolve Event(s)" paragraph specifically says to resolve Event tokens. And since there is no token placed on that spot...

So again, this helped to clarify a significant element of the game that was really puzzling to me.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.