Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Origami Fukujima, our resident computer hack has completed his quantum computer and has posed several "simple" questions the answers to which are already well established.
He says that the device, which he calls "Basho", keeps giving "wrong" answers.
He suggests that perhaps what was presumed to be superposition during the design stage was in fact mimicry of superposition caused by the structure and functioning of the electronic architecture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the idea of quantum computers may be sexy to some. I don't think this is the correct forum for your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Quantum Computer Dilemma-ADE "stand"
laugh With "dilemmas" MAKE ""Dilemma-ADE"" 'stand' attended by "ICE-T"! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
mrspank wrote:
Although the idea of quantum computers may be sexy to some. I don't think this is the correct forum for your post.

Yeah. The people with a sense of humor are over there. Over here you should only post about Trump, Jewish theology, fake gay issues, and moosecock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
George Brinton wrote:
Origami Fukujima, our resident computer hack has completed his quantum computer and has posed several "simple" questions the answers to which are already well established.
He suggests that perhaps what was presumed to be superposition during the design stage was in fact mimicry of superposition caused by the structure and functioning of the electronic architecture.

"Go not to the quantum computers for answers, for they will answer both 'Yes' and 'No'." ~Bilbo Baggins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
George Brinton wrote:

Could you provide some context to your post? I have no idea who "Origami Fukujima" is, nor a quantum machine known as "Basho". More importantly, neither does Google. Also, the first programmable quantum computer was just debuted at the U of Maryland in August of this year, previous computers could only perform pre-programmed tasks. The U of M machine fairly consistently gives the correct answers.

I feel like this post is just a joke or esoteric reference I'm missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its a piss take on the free\god thread because the argument has swung back to only religion gave man morality and the difference between truth and fact. ie. truth is subject to environemnt and biology.

incidentally Bilbo was wrong - a quantum computer would be all posible answers at once so it would be everything and nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.