Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work?
The card states:when any mech pushes or tows another mech, the pushes/towed mech may repair 1 damage.

Does this mean that when a mech is pushed two spaces, it can repair 2 damage in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think if it was meant to repair more than one damage from the push/tow it would say something along the lines of repair 1 damage per space pushed/towed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sikahert wrote:
How does this work?
The card states:when any mech pushes or tows another mech, the pushes/towed mech may repair 1 damage.

Does this mean that when a mech is pushed two spaces, it can repair 2 damage in the same turn?

It triggers every slot. So if you have a 3 stack Skewer, it heals one. If you have a Skewer in slots 1, 2, and 3... (and the mech is pushed for 3 spaces) then it heals for 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that true for Speed as well? A 3 Stack provides 6 spaces of movement, but you only heal 3 times during those 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Is that true for Speed as well? A 3 Stack provides 6 spaces of movement, but you only heal 3 times during those 6?

It's per slot, not per card, so if all 3 are stacked, it still only heals one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, I got confused between slots and stacks. Thanks!

For completeness, I assume that if you push two mechs, or push one mech and tow another or whatever, they both get one heal, right? So it's once per slot per mech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Oh right, I got confused between slots and stacks. Thanks!

For completeness, I assume that if you push two mechs, or push one mech and tow another or whatever, they both get one heal, right? So it's once per slot per mech?

Yes, from the way the rule is written, that would be the case. You have 2 mechs being pushed/towed, so 2 mechs that can be healed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this clears things up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious to understand why even if the wrench is in the hands of one Mech, this ability is for any mech?

In a 4 players game if two different player than the one with auto wrench push/tow between themselves they repair a damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
I am curious to understand why even if the wrench is in the hands of one Mech, this ability is for any mech?

I guess the schematic is a universal upgrade to all the mechs.

Quote:
In a 4 players game if two different player than the one with auto wrench push/tow between themselves they repair a damage?

You can't be pushing and towing the same mech at the same time and you can't use push movement to tow a mech, so I don't know what you mean.

Can you give an example to better describe the situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
22764636 wrote:

I guess the schematic is a universal upgrade to all the mechs.

Quote:

You can't be pushing and towing the same mech at the same time and you can't use push movement to tow a mech, so I don't know what you mean.

Can you give an example to better describe the situation?

I meant if player A has the auto wrench active and player B pushes player C does player C repair a damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
I meant if player A has the auto wrench active and player B pushes player C does player C repair a damage?

According to the wording, yes, definitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Lee
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
What happens if a mech pushes another against the edge with no actual movement, would the pushed mech still heal 1 dmg? My gut says no but curious to see how others interpret this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelleetin wrote:
What happens if a mech pushes another against the edge with no actual movement, would the pushed mech still heal 1 dmg? My gut says no but curious to see how others interpret this.

I also say no. The wording of the rules could somewhat support pushing even when the movement is cancelled, but that clearly doesn't work for towing, and the rules for pushing and towing are directly intertwined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.