Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
So someone at work was looking at this 55 gallon drum lubricant
https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lub...

... and then at the bottom was a suggestion for this. How does this even exist? We are one retarded bunch of humans. The comments are especially special.

https://www.amazon.com/Nasco-Infant-Circumcision-Trainer-Whi...

Why is circumcision even still happening. This is so barbaric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Become the 'freelance'-'Mohel' on your block that ONLY: "accepts TIPS!" aristocrat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the real story is just that you hate the practice of circumcision? *yawn*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me guess: you find circumcision barbaric but are completely o.k. with abortion, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
cbone2112 wrote:
Let me guess: you find circumcision barbaric but are completely o.k. with abortion, no?
I can make guesses too about unrelated things. Are you not o.k. with abortion but are for the death penalty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. See how I answered the question? Care to answer mine now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
cbone2112 wrote:
You are correct. See how I answered the question without shame? Care to answer mine now?
There's no shame, I was just pointing out how it's easy to guess someone's leanings on an unrelated topic that wasn't the focus of discussion.

Are you o.k. with financially and physically supporting all of those lives that are not aborted. Will you be personally responsible for their education and well being or will you leave them to fend for themselves due to your brainwashing from your imaginary religious beliefs? Will you also support the often single mothers as well?

You likely have no idea why you are against abortion except that you think it's an affront to your imaginary god. Maybe you should pray for abortion to end as your god totally answers prayers, especially for things that he's against.

I would be fine with getting rid of abortion if all crazy christians would agree to fully support the children that the embryos become and the mothers responsible. I'd still support abortion in cases of rape and the endangerment of the mother's life. Short of that abortion is a far better alternative than the ramblings of religious nonsensical belief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we want circumcisions being performed by the untrained? No thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
So the real story is just that you hate the practice of circumcision? *yawn*
I'd say the real story was that the product exists on amazon but yes I do think circumcision is super duper stupid these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Circumcisions shouldn't be performed at all. What is the purpose other than ridiculous religious belief?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, pregnancy is the result of a sexually transmitted parasite in which half the population is a carrier and the other half is a host.
The parasite implants itself and eventually produces another host or transmitting vector.
You must remember that the Original Humans were immortal until they caught the disease from the forbidden fruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Circumcisions shouldn't be performed at all. What is the purpose other than ridiculous religious belief?

And people shouldn't feel forbidden from eating certain foods. What's the point? And then there's praying. It's all just so stupid. And then... and... and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

And people shouldn't feel forbidden from eating certain foods. What's the point? And then there's praying. It's all just so stupid. And then... and... and...

Well CA managed to repeal the fois gras ban, I think dog and horse are still off the menu.

As for the OP, unless your trying to recreate the events leading up to the death of Blue in Old School, wtf do you need 55gal of lube for? I'd click the link to see the exact details but then Amazon would spam me for months about this shit. Do you even get free shipping with something that heavy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

You may disagree with how it is weighted... but there are some genuine health reasons for circumcision.

One of my neighbors were super anti-circumcision and their daughter didn't get her son circumcised at birth. 9 months later they were in the hospital, where after several days of excruciating pain from a massive infection the baby ended up circumcised anyway.

It isn't all about religion. Some people think it is the right choice for other reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

You may disagree with how it is weighted... but there are some genuine health reasons for circumcision.

One of my neighbors were super anti-circumcision and their daughter didn't get her son circumcised at birth. 9 months later they were in the hospital, where after several days of excruciating pain from a massive infection the baby ended up circumcised anyway.

It isn't all about religion. Some people think it is the right choice for other reasons.

Fair enough and for sure there are always exceptions and I think they should be handled when situations like your neighbor's arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Well CA managed to repeal the fois gras ban, I think dog and horse are still off the menu.

As for the OP, unless your trying to recreate the events leading up to the death of Blue in Old School, wtf do you need 55gal of lube for? I'd click the link to see the exact details but then Amazon would spam me for months about this shit. Do you even get free shipping with something that heavy?
Yup, for the $1200 you spend shipping is free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm more ok with it that I am my tax dollars funding it. What's a few more million on the government tit?
2. No, I won't be personally responsible for their education and well-being. Unless you count paying taxes, which will be more than their parents ever did for them - besides voting for Hillary, that is.
3. Do I really have to explain, God or no, how barbaric, sickening, and heartless it is tear an unborn child limb by limb, stab it in the neck, etc etc? Is that reason enough or do I need to scientifically validated reason for atheists to find it valid?
4. He'll answer that prayer when He's good and ready. But - brace yourself - the answer isn't always "yes".
5. Side topic: Why is it ok for atheists to continually refer to "crazy christians", but let any christian say "crazy muslim/hindu/buhddist" and atheists would be first to cry how hate-filled and intolerant christianity causes its followers to be?
6. Back to my original point - here we have someone who finds abortion ok - especially considering the financial ramifications of not aborting anyone, but feels the need to let us know that they find cutting a little skin off the weiner "barbaric".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
cbone2112 wrote:
3. Do I really have to explain, God or no, how barbaric, sickening, and heartless it is tear an unborn child limb by limb, stab it in the neck, etc etc? Is that reason enough or do I need to scientifically validated reason for atheists to find it valid?
I'm not sure how often dismemberment abortions occur but the scenario is quite barbaric as well. Unfortunately, the alternative is worse. Executions by death penalty are also barbaric but the alternative again is worse and you're o.k. with that.

Quote:
4. He'll answer that prayer when He's good and ready. But - brace yourself - the answer isn't always "yes".
I'd say brace yourself, as well, as if you hear an answer, then you are hearing voices in your head.

Quote:
5. Side topic: Why is it ok for atheists to continually refer to "crazy christians", but let any christian say "crazy muslim/hindu/buhddist" and atheists would be first to cry how hate-filled and intolerant christianity causes its followers to be?
I wouldn't cry out about that. All religious people are crazy. Unfortunately, as a society, we accept this level of craziness. Muslims are the most crazy as a portion will hunt you down and kill you like the christians did during the crusades. It has the highest number of violent radicals within the 3 main religions.

Quote:
6. Back to my original point - here we have someone who finds abortion ok - especially considering the financial ramifications of not aborting anyone, but feels the need to let us know that they find cutting a little skin off the weiner "barbaric".
Here you are wrong in your assumptions. Frankly, I see both as barbaric just as I do with the death penalty but with abortion and the death penalty there are reasonable reasons for both. Circumcision is just a throw back to religious times and not really necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Fair enough and for sure there are always exceptions and I think they should be handled when situations like your neighbor's arise.

About 1% of male babies who are uncircumcised end up with bladder infections before their first birthday. Which BTW is an entirely different infection than the one that caused the above example to end up circumcised anyway.

That is over 10X as many as in circumcised male babies. As a grown man you have probably never had a bladder or urinary tract infection... because as adults women get them much more often than men. But as a woman I have and let me tell you they are EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. Especially left untreated for even a few days.

When I got my first one, I went from not feeling great at the start of my shift to literally on the floor sobbing at McDonald's halfway through a shift. The manager felt so bad for me she sent me home even though after 2 hours of calling she still hadn't been able to get anybody to come in an fill in for me so she had to work the floor.

A baby cannot even tell you what is wrong!! And often these infections don't develop a severe fever until a whole lot of painful days later.

If I had had a son, after that experience alone, very well the several UTIs I have had since, I would have very likely had him circumcised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

About 1% of male babies who are uncircumcised end up with bladder infections before their first birthday. Which BTW is an entirely different infection than the one that caused the above example to end up circumcised anyway.

That is over 10X as many as in circumcised male babies. As a grown man you have probably never had a bladder or urinary tract infection... because as adults women get them much more often than men. But as a woman I have and let me tell you they are EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. Especially left untreated for even a few days.

When I got my first one, I went from not feeling great at the start of my shift to literally on the floor sobbing at McDonald's halfway through a shift. The manager felt so bad for me she sent me home even though after 2 hours of calling she still hadn't been able to get anybody to come in an fill in for me so she had to work the floor.

A baby cannot even tell you what is wrong!! And often these infections don't develop a severe fever until a whole lot of painful days later.

If I had had a son, after that experience alone, very well the several UTIs I have had since, I would have very likely had him circumcised.

No, I've experienced urinary tract infections. If it's going to be an issue of cleanliness and no one is cleaning the baby regularly then circumcision is certainly a better alternative. I'm just assuming higher levels of hygiene. Still if only 1% gets them I hardly think the procedure is necessary for the entire population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Pike
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Are you o.k. with financially and physically supporting all of those lives that are not aborted.
T.O.T.T.
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Will you be personally responsible for their education and well being...
T.O.T.T.
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Will you also support the often single mothers as well?
T.O.T.T.
KissaTaikuri wrote:
I would be fine with getting rid of abortion if all crazy christians would agree to fully support the children that the embryos become and the mothers responsible.
T.O.T.T.

PS: That does not stand for Think Of These Things.
(But that would not be a bad start...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermann Huth
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Pretty simple.
At age 2 I was diagnosed to have a phimosis, so I had to be circumsized.
I'm ok with it. It's more hygienic and the women like it.
And yes, I prefer a well trained circumsizer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
KissaTaikuri wrote:
cbone2112 wrote:
You are correct. See how I answered the question without shame? Care to answer mine now?
There's no shame, I was just pointing out how it's easy to guess someone's leanings on an unrelated topic that wasn't the focus of discussion.

Are you o.k. with financially and physically supporting all of those lives that are not aborted. Will you be personally responsible for their education and well being or will you leave them to fend for themselves due to your brainwashing from your imaginary religious beliefs? Will you also support the often single mothers as well?

You likely have no idea why you are against abortion except that you think it's an affront to your imaginary god. Maybe you should pray for abortion to end as your god totally answers prayers, especially for things that he's against.

I would be fine with getting rid of abortion if all crazy christians would agree to fully support the children that the embryos become and the mothers responsible. I'd still support abortion in cases of rape and the endangerment of the mother's life. Short of that abortion is a far better alternative than the ramblings of religious nonsensical belief.

I'm guessing that you weren't aborted.

Who is supporting you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
So someone at work was looking at this 55 gallon drum lubricant
https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lub...

... and then at the bottom was a suggestion for this. How does this even exist? We are one retarded bunch of humans. The comments are especially special.

https://www.amazon.com/Nasco-Infant-Circumcision-Trainer-Whi...

Why is circumcision even still happening. This is so barbaric.

Chefs gotta start their knife training somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

or an Alchi suffering from DTs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.