GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,258 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: could we get Nero's ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
navy 2001
msg tools
accourding to StarTrek: Conutdown Neros ship is Romul tech mixed with there stolen Borg tech so it is still in the main time line when the ship was created..so is it a possablity we could have that ship at some point? (would love to see a red mater weapon card!)

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANK1VwWCTKo (tells the story of what happens before the new movies)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantner
Australia
flag msg tools
While it can be argued that it is from the prime universe, it's still created by/for the JJ Verse. I personally don't count it as Canon.

Sure, the Hobus event has been worked into STO so can probably be conciered Canon, i still don't want to see any of that in Attack Wing.

Thats just my personal opinion, others are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it has been said in the past that there is some kind of legal wrangle about anything from the JJ movies. Something like CBS only has the rights to the shows and the "prime" universe movies so attack wing does not have access to anything JJ wise.

From the release schedule, its going to be april/may next year before anything unknown happens.

Could be another large base ship should it actually show up at some point, currently you could get close with the assimilated romulan ship and the romulan borg alliance elite talent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We do not speak of the Trek that shall not be named shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Star trek V, the Final Frontier?
Star Trek Insurection?

Just saying, the 1st and 3rd JJ movies are better than a couple of the prime universe movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dracomax wrote:
Star Trek Insurection?

Just saying, the 1st and 3rd JJ movies are better than a couple of the prime universe movies.

I kind of liked Insurrection, a lot more than the JJ movies anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dracomax wrote:
Star Trek Insurection?

I would strongly disagree with that statement. The lines "Why does God need a starship?" and "Klingons don't do anything small" are better then the combined scripts of all 3 JJ movies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor point: Beyond is technically not a work of Abrams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Minor point: Beyond is technically not a work of Abrams.

It is the universe he is responsible for creating and he still had a Producer credit on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He got credited because of him making that timeline, but how much was he involved in the making of Beyond by itself?

Edit: Put another way, Roddenberry is credited as well, but we know he had no direct influence on the film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the actual term used for it is the "Kelvinverse" or "Kelvin Timeline" after the ship Nero wrecked when he showed up.

Regardless, we all know what were talking about and as long as they can bring something to the game, i would not mind the Kelvin timeline ships showing up in STAW as mirror universe or their own thing.

Could be some interesting missions in the boxes based on the movies and I think Wizkids has the models already from their Star Trek Expeditions game of the Alt.Enterprise and the Klingon D7 that was cut from the first movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Star Trek Insurection?

I would strongly disagree with that statement. The lines "Why does God need a starship?" and "Klingons don't do anything small" are better then the combined scripts of all 3 JJ movies.

Maybe, but I'd put anything in the first or third movie(there really is no excuse for into Darkness, although the ships looked cool) up against Klingon pimples, or Vulcan emotional rape though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philosophical arguments aside, there is a viable mini out there (somewhat to scale...as much as anything is to scale in this game) you could use to make your own custom "Space Cockroach" ship:

https://amzn.com/B002I9Z6FU?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Philosophical arguments aside, there is a viable mini out there (somewhat to scale...as much as anything is to scale in this game) you could use to make your own custom "Space Cockroach" ship:

https://amzn.com/B002I9Z6FU?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Would it be possible to kill a space cockroach? Would it skitter out of the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True enough, just saying it because it's a little unfair to hold JJ responsible for Beyond if you didn't like the script for it.

As for the Narada model, is that color-accurate? I always pictured it more like the Sentinels from the Matrix, minus the red eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Whilst I'm no fan of the JJ Verse I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game as mirror universe ships. Kelvin and the jellyfish could be fed I suppose. Nerada dual faction Borg/Romulan or even Borg/Romulan/Mirror.

Bring 'em in I say, as long as they are mainly mirror because it is an alternate timeline.

I wouldn't necessarily collect them myself but I know a lot that would and why not? If it makes people happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, if they put out a new sculpt it will be a shock to some of us, but I'm willing to be wrong here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*snort* They could try to buy the rights for the model design who made the ships from Walmart's specialty packs of Into Darkness and Beyond. It'd continue the tradition of Kirk's Enterprise being out of scale.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/26780164?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Trek-Beyond-Giftset-Blu-ray-...

I know said models are available with some of the other versions, but I'm not sure who made them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.