Snowblind: Race for the Pole» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grey d8 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of three options when picking the grey die is a double movement, where you have to roll for exposure... one in between the two movements and one at the end (as that is the case for any action).

My question now: the roll in between is that with your total dice pool or just the grey one you just picked up for doing this action? My guts sais it's twice your total dice pool, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for answering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the dice in your dice pool. Good luck,
if not your first action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay that means we played it right. And indeed, if you've builded up your dice pool that could be a painfull one =(

Yesterday Japan won our first two player game, although Germany's captain came in first at base camp, the German sailors were abandoned by their captain in zone 5. So Germany couldn't manage to get their full surviving team back to base They barely survived, where as the Japanese team was more cohesive.

Thanks for this wonderful thematic dice game =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to hear you are enjoying the game.

There are certainly some tense moments, and getting back first doesn't guarantee victory, as you guys discovered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One minor complaint has to do with the flag standees, and that's they don't fit... think I'll just have to glue them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars H
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flag standees
bewareness wrote:
One minor complaint has to do with the flag standees, and that's they don't fit... think I'll just have to glue them

At first I had the same impression. But if you put the flag diagonally like leaning it against the northern wind it rather works. Still it is not possible to stick the flag permanently into the standee because the hole in the standee ist too wide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the standee is a bit of a disappointment I'm afraid. But I agree that it does look like they are bending in the wind when they lean...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Smith
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
So to make sure I understand this. Lets say that my dice pool contains:
1 blue d6
1 yellow d8

Captain is in zone 5 with a sailor and 3 crates and my flag. My zone 6 is completely empty.

I decide to press my luck and take the 1 of the grey d8's. I choose to do the first action. Move 1 explorer 1 space roll for exposure. More same explore 1 position roll for exposure again.

Now if I choose to move my captain to zone 6, I now have to roll for exposure. I roll ALL 3 dice (for this ex. the dice gods love me and all roll lower than 3) Now that my captain has moved and is still active after an exposure roll the flag moves. Then I have to move my captain moves back to zone 5 and rolls all 3 dice again. Is this correct?

I also assume that if use this die to move and the first exposure roll if I become exhausted (assuming I only had 1 bad roll of course) then my action ends and play passes to the next player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right: you have to roll you complete dice pool twice (one time after the first move, and as usual a second time at the end). And since the action specifically moves one explorer twice you can't do that move if the explorer became exhausted, I'd say that even if you can't move the explorer you have to roll the dice pool as on every end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
musclecarlover07 wrote:

I also assume that if use this die to move and the first exposure roll if I become exhausted (assuming I only had 1 bad roll of course) then my action ends and play passes to the next player.

Even if your explorer is exhausted during this double move, and you're thus unable to make the second move, you still have to roll your entire dice pool again, making it possible to kill the explorer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.