$30.00
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule book, page 28 wrote:
At the beginning of the second round, roll the remaining five dice.
The two dice sitting on the upper dice space on the Siesta Track
board are not re-rolled.
If the player chooses a die with a symbol that matches one of the
dice on the top dice space, advance the neutral player’s disc one
space on the Siesta Track.

Do I get the penalty (i.e. having to move the neutral player's dict) only once when choosing the first out of the 5 dice, or can I get it a second time when selecting the second die of the round? As the third roll (the one just for me) gives me no choice, I'd assume than I cannot get a penalty for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the penalty every time you use a die that matches one of the dice in the top dice space.

About the last die: You have to take that into account. The last die might hit you randomly...

But you can level this, if this is too hard. Just like you thought. Only the first one... Not the last one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 1st + 2nd yes, 3rd no. 49 points in the end. With advanced helpers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
United Kingdom
Surbiton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does 'chooses a dice' include the dice that are selected for the dummy player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vncvr80 wrote:
Does 'chooses a dice' include the dice that are selected for the dummy player?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
game green
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for mentioning this. I was including the dummy dice as well. Now I can actually get a respectable solo score!
Great game by the way. It hasn't left the table all weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only started playing this game solo, so maybe experience will help, but it seems really hard to get ahead of the neutral player. If I assign a hat to him in round x, I can stop him moving that round, and maybe gain ground or get ahead if I can also get more than 1 hat for myself. However, that means that I definitely can't gain against him in round x+1 (because any hat I take for myself will move him forward as well) and will very likely lose any ground I gained in the previous round. If I don't assign hats to him, I need to use at least one to move myself every round just to keep pace, and need to roll extra hats if I want to use them for anything else. Is it actually possible to beat the neutral player up the track, or am I really just trying to take the fewest negative points I can by not falling too far behind? Is the "Use Commodities as a Hat" helper the key? I could see it helping a bit, but as I said, maybe more practice will reveal other strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave,

there are more ways to getting hats than with dice. Just saying... ;-)

But I will let you find them yourself. I hope you have fun trying!

Best...ode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.