Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Overlord wrote:
Play this as if it were an Action card in the Supply costing up to $5. This is that card until it leaves play.

Wine Merchant wrote:
+1 Buy
+$4
Put this on your Tavern mat.
-----------------------------
At the end of your Buy phase, if you have at least $2 unspent, you may discard this from your Tavern mat.

Adventures Rules wrote:
Cards on Tavern mats are not in play

If I play an Overlord as a Wine Merchant, does it end up on the Tavern mat forever with no way of returning it to play?

Does the under-the-line text schedule a check at the end of every Buy phase when Overlord is played, or does that text only exist as long as Overlord is in play?

This came up in a game today. I ruled it stayed there forever. The outcome didn't matter at the time since the end of the game was nigh and Overlord missed the shuffle anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Strategy Wiki wrote:
Band of Misfits does not play well with Reserve cards. If you play Band of Misfits as a Reserve card it goes to your Tavern mat and stays there; you can't call it or otherwise recover it because it is now out of your play area and no longer has the abilities of the card it was imitating.

Question answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
darthnice wrote:
Question answered.

I always think of that Duck's Breath Mystery Theatre bit. "Tech/Style. We're creating the need... and filling it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.