Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: No SutG III? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game today, I'm going through the counter sheets and I don't see a single StuG III b/c/d vehicle counter, disappointing. Hmmm, that's kind of a surprise for me. Are there any scenario packs for the base game with additional units, sorry I miss my StuG III counters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised you're avatar isn't a Stug III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
Surprised you're avatar isn't a Stug III.

No Tigers in 1941, so I didn't expect one. I like them both...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Monster Tanks of the Eastern Front expansion. 17 german and 18 soviet counters, featuring some of the bigger and some of the lesser well known units(lesser known to me anyway).
StuG IV and StuH 42e are in there. Sorry, dont see a StuGIII.
Just got mine last week, I think it is $10.00 USD plus shipping. Check out Academy Games website for it. You might want to get it soon as one of their other expansions, Wrecks and Destruction, recently went out of stock and I don't believe they are going to be doing more.
Not sure what scenarios are available for Monster Tanks, I just got it last week and havent looked into that as of yet.
Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a StuGIII in Storms of Steel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeattleDan wrote:

CoH Awakening the Bear is mostly about 1941.

Storms of Steel is going to be republished in a few months time with new map boards to cover the later war hardware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeattleDan wrote:

Storms of Steel has SutG III but it is the G model, meaning the long barrel version.

I'm talking about StuG III D model (or B/C) , that are short barrel version.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=StuG+III+Ausf.+D&biw=1574&bih...

anyways, just wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StuGIII A-E probably don't appear because they were not good antitank guns and produced in limited numbers. They would fit more with infantry support and under the guise of general artillery and not as a specific tank unit in CoH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially, the Stu's were not going to be anti-tank, though with longer barrels they did serve that purpose rather well. As assistant to Chief of Staff for the German Army High Command before the war, Eric von Manstein and others pushed the idea of assault guns(tank chassis with artillery guns that could keep up with and support primarily infantry assaults).
What really kept them from being produced in larger numbers early in the war was two things. First, the assault gun was a hybrid and not welcome by the artillery branch nor the fledgeling panzer divisions. 2nd, Germany never achieved a total war economy until later in the war. Once blitzkrieg gave way to total war after Barbarossa and Stalingrad, then production ramped up and more numbers and types of armor units, be it panthers, tigers, or assault and anti-tank units like the Stu's were seen on the battlefield in larger numbers. Even in the last year of the war, tank armor units were given the majority of design attention and production priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb
you can still get one of these nice tee's!

different game but the message fits, right?!

get it here:
http://www.cafepress.com/depotx.80062306

cheers!
chem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.