Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristian Frunza
Romania
Bucuresti
Sector 2
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played it today with the expansion and I'm not entirely sure if we played it with the correct rules.

1. As part of setup we didn't take any information cards (blue back), is that correct ?

2. When you draw a card at the end of your turn, can you draw it from any one of the 4 piles ?

3. We ended up ignoring the text and only checked the drawings on the cards. Is that correct ? For example, on card 28 the text says: My building was in Piedmont St. In my opinion there are about 11 sites which correspond to the text, but on the card only 8 out of these are highlighted.

4. In one turn, by playing 2 cards I managed to place 4 buildings. Can you do that ? Let's say building A has 3 markers on the map. And I play a card that puts building B with 4 markers on the map. Only 2 of them are opposite each other, then I play a card that states that building A is opposite of my building (building B). So I eliminate 2 markers from building A and 3 markers from building B, so I place both buildings on the map. But building A shared that space with one of the last 2 markers of building C, so I take the marker and building C comes on the map. But it again shared a space with one of the last 2 markers of building D, so building D comes on the map. Makes sense ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Riedel
Germany
Büttelborn
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Cristian,
here are my answers:
1. As part of setup we didn't take any information cards (blue back), is that correct ? Yes it is

2. When you draw a card at the end of your turn, can you draw it from any one of the 4 piles ? Yes

3. We ended up ignoring the text and only checked the drawings on the cards. Is that correct ? For example, on card 28 the text says: My building was in Piedmont St. In my opinion there are about 11 sites which correspond to the text, but on the card only 8 out of these are highlighted. Yes, in the rule I wrote "Note: The small plan of the town on the card is always decisive for fixing the positions of the Buildings"

4. In one turn, by playing 2 cards I managed to place 4 buildings. Can you do that ? Let's say building A has 3 markers on the map. And I play a card that puts building B with 4 markers on the map. Only 2 of them are opposite each other, then I play a card that states that building A is opposite of my building (building B). So I eliminate 2 markers from building A and 3 markers from building B, so I place both buildings on the map. But building A shared that space with one of the last 2 markers of building C, so I take the marker and building C comes on the map. But it again shared a space with one of the last 2 markers of building D, so building D comes on the map. Makes sense ?
I think that this was a correct turn
Stephan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Frunza
Romania
Bucuresti
Sector 2
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.