Subject: Universal uniqueness? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Sorry if I missed this, it might be buried under 10000 threads of how many cores to buy....

BUT

Is it like LOTR where universal uniqueness is in play? AKA the investigators? If I play a character can a friend play the same character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Parolini
United States
Mendota Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding there can be only one copy of a unique in play at a time. The investigators all have the unique symbol next to their names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be no more than one instance of each unique card, by title, in play at any given time.

Edit: Duh, now I realize we're discussing investigators. Well, they are unique. You both can't play the same one. I think it would be a weird game if you tried, not to mention more difficult. You want your investigators to balance each others weaknesses, not have the same ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leventa24 wrote:
From my understanding there can be only one copy of a unique in play at a time. The investigators all have the unique symbol next to their names.

However, if you want to disregard this rule, you may use the power of choice to achieve your desired result.

Not knocking this post or anything but really it's like anything else in which you can decide to do whatever you want. That said, the quoted text is correct.

I think it'd be fun to play with two of the same character to see how they fare in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I figured, but I know that was always a issue with LOTR.(albeit a small one) At least in the beginning before theres now 1000 characters to pick from.

Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.