Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Greyy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Like many people, I enjoyed the Joseph Santagato video that went viral playing a "wear a dental thing and try to say silly phrases" game that was posted under the name "Watch Ya Mouth"...and evidently, this was something based on something James Corden does on The Late Late Show.

Seems like a bunch of people have come out with basically the same game.

The Santagato's put out a second video specifically playing Speak Out (Hasbro). The Blame Society folks played Speak Out on Beer & Board Games (where one of the mouthguards broke during the game...)

Anybody know if there are differences between Speak Out and...

Watch Ya Mouth (by Watch Ya Mouth)
--This is the game that I went with--as I thought the art work was better, they already had expansions available and the ad copy said it was "the authentic" version of the game.

Watch Yo Mouth (by Watch Yo Mouth)
--This claims to be the "original" mouthguard game...and it looks like you build a weird phrase from multiple cards, instead of reading a phrase off of one card.

Lipless?
--They claim to have been selling this since May (the same month the original Santagato video came out)...but a lot of the reviews say this doesn't have many cards and the mouthguards are easily broken.

Mouthguard Challenge?
--The cheapest of all of these type of games that I've seen, this game ALSO claims to be "the authentic" version. Looks like the cards included are more than just phrases but "related challenges" (like "Recite the alphabet...first person to laugh loses a point.")

I'm happy enough with Watch Ya Mouth that I doubt that I'd actually purchase any of the others--but I'm curious to know how different Speak Out or any of the other games are...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rivera
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
LUCHADOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully no more.... Ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Gobby

http://www.gobbygame.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.