Subject: No action twice per activation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aloha!

I have a quick question regarding Actions...
The Rules References on the back cover of the Rulebook say : "No Action can be taken twice per Activation". But no matter how carefully I studied both 1.2 and 2.0 rules, this rule doesn't seem to be mentioned in chapter about Actions. Or am I blind...
So... is that rule valid? Advanced actions require to spend 2 Action Points, so obviously a model can't do anything else per one Activation if it spends both APs on an Advanced Action. But what if I want to spend both Action Points on Basic Actions? Is it forbidden to allocate both APs on Shooting, Close Combat or Movement...? Am I allowed, for example, allocate only one AP to shooting and the second AP must be used for something else (movement, pass...?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rulebook 2.0, Pg 22 wrote:
Actions are divided into two Groups — Basic or Extended — and each Action can only be used once by a Model in a Game Turn, unless specifed otherwise.
This is the second paragraph of section "4. Actions".

You cannot use the same action twice (this is only an issue with basic actions), and can be confusing because running is usually equivalent to moving twice wow. The reason you didn't see this is because it is worded so differently in the rulebook and kinda buried 22 pages in shake. The authors should introduce it in "2.2 General Game Concepts" and then reiterated it in section 4 for clarity whistle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*rulebook check*

Oh my, really... It's quite subtle though, even in 2.0 rulebook.

Well, that solves my confusion. THANK YOU!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt parsons
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
This is a rule I ignore for simplicity's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattytom2 wrote:
Doesn't this make the Smartgun ungodly powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:
mattytom2 wrote:
Doesn't this make the Smartgun ungodly powerful?

Indeed... 2 Shooting/Close Combat actions per model in a turn could be playable with the basic models. Maybe it could make Predators a little overpowered. But with Sentry Guns and stronger Alien models with 4 or 5 RoA, I'd imagine a game could end as a quick mayhem - with lucky die rolls, a Crusher or Queen could theoretically wipe out a Marine squad within one turn?

Matt, I'm curious as well, what is your gameplay experience if you ignore the "No Action twice per activation" rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.