Subject: 2016 edition with extension? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vijayakrishna Ranganathan
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
I'm buying the 2016 edition of Mr. Jack. I see that the original version had an extension that introduces new characters. Does that extension work with the 2016 edition of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because the new edition features art with the same characters ten years older.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually that is incorrect. The extension will indeed work with the original or the 2016 version of MR Jack.

What the extension does is add 5 characters that can be added to the game. It also adds a dynamic setup instead of the static setup of the original and the 2016 version.

Just because the characters are 10 years older does not mean it does not work with the extension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly you can do it. But well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wheels4hextall wrote:
Actually that is incorrect. The extension will indeed work with the original or the 2016 version of MR Jack.

What the extension does is add 5 characters that can be added to the game. It also adds a dynamic setup instead of the static setup of the original and the 2016 version.

Just because the characters are 10 years older does not mean it does not work with the extension.

Are the card backs the same? and are they of the same stock as in 2016 edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume they are but in the event they aren't or you have one that stands out you just hide the cards in the lid and only draw a card as needed. Problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.