$30.00
Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Gwenpool (Updated 10/26/2016) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here my custom Gwenpool. A couple of things. First, I know Gwenpool doesn't really have much to do with Deadpool or Mercs For Money, but, um... whatever. Secondly, the <i> is in there as a place holder for one of three things.

1) Legedit gets updated for flavor text (please and thank you.)
2) I get around to altering it in GIMP (which I'm slow/bad at)
3) Some else takes the initiative and updates them in this post (you already have my blessings)

The idea for Gwenpool was to compliment the keywords and ideas of the Deadpool set.






Updated! Now with italics and more attacks on rares!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Re: Custom Gwenpool
On the first card, I thought the italics thing was a joke. But then it was on every card and now I'm not sure...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
Big Fresh wrote:
On the first card, I thought the italics thing was a joke. But then it was on every card and now I'm not sure...


There's an explaination about that in the post, but I guess I can clarify. Legedit, which I use to make cards, currently does not have the capacity to have italics for flavor text. I used the <i> as a placeholder until I have the capcity to go back and fix it with GIMP. This will take me a bit until I have more free time because I'm not that good with GIMP.

I just wanted to get the base cards up for comments. I will update when I have capacity.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Re: Custom Gwenpool
Oh, I see, I must have missed that. When you can fix it, I think you should leave one card that way. That would be a very Gwenpool-like joke.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
I really like these cards. Can't wait for them to be finalized - I think I will print her with the other Merc$ custom (Terror, Massacre, and Foolkiller); Deadpool family growing

I was thinking, maybe; don't give her an affiliation - so she can work with Howard the Duck. And add: Gains MERCS FOR $ team affiliation triggered by EV or another Mercs for $? Just a thought... because, she technically isn't part of the Deadpool crew
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
This weekend when I remove the placeholders and put in the flavor text I will make a copy without the Mf$ team symbol. Since the Deadpool set doesn't use the Mf$ icon for anything, it wouldn't affect the playability of Gwenpool. I'll post both so people can pick whichever they want.

There's also some spacing issues on the cards for me to clean up. Plus Reckless Aplomb should say "another card with flavor text" so it just doesn't activate itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
Fantastic design and artwork choices, Justin!

One thing: I think the flavor text on the uncommon doesn't quite fit the artwork. It actually fits the rare better, except the rare's existing flavor text is a good fit for its effect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
DarthEd wrote:
Fantastic design and artwork choices, Justin!

One thing: I think the flavor text on the uncommon doesn't quite fit the artwork. It actually fits the rare better, except the rare's existing flavor text is a good fit for its effect.


Noted. Why I'll just change it to "bigger hammer"? Her hammer does appear to be bigger than Thor's.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
Thanks! Can't wait for the finalized version(s);
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
I was wondering; for her rare - she has no attack or recruit? Does that mean her ability is really that strong? Just wondering, not to say you are doing things wrong - just becoming fascinated on how you and others decide on cost, powers, and stuff like that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
ducko wrote:
I was wondering; for her rare - she has no attack or recruit? Does that mean her ability is really that strong? Just wondering, not to say you are doing things wrong - just becoming fascinated on how you and others decide on cost, powers, and stuff like that.

In my customs, I usually try to find similar cards to what I made to base cost and such on.
That being said, I do think the rare is very underpowered. My biggest worry is that it doesn't even help trigger its Excessive Violence and that when it does, it only defeats someone weaker. Consider Namor's rare that instantly defeats any Villain, cost 7, and has a 4-class trigger to insta-beat the Mastermind. She has a trigger to beat someone in general and is a dead card in your hand if you don't have enough to trigger it. I'd probably give her some attack. Awesome set, tho! Wish I was skilled enough to add the 1/2 points in my Mercs for Money customs like you did haha
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
redlion64 wrote:
ducko wrote:
I was wondering; for her rare - she has no attack or recruit? Does that mean her ability is really that strong? Just wondering, not to say you are doing things wrong - just becoming fascinated on how you and others decide on cost, powers, and stuff like that.

In my customs, I usually try to find similar cards to what I made to base cost and such on.
That being said, I do think the rare is very underpowered. My biggest worry is that it doesn't even help trigger its Excessive Violence and that when it does, it only defeats someone weaker. Consider Namor's rare that instantly defeats any Villain, cost 7, and has a 4-class trigger to insta-beat the Mastermind. She has a trigger to beat someone in general and is a dead card in your hand if you don't have enough to trigger it. I'd probably give her some attack. Awesome set, tho! Wish I was skilled enough to add the 1/2 points in my Mercs for Money customs like you did haha


I'm low-key waiting for this to be completed to print your Mercs with Gwenpool.
Didn't your Mercs have 1/2 points???

Even though Gwenpool hasn't met Deadpool (I think) - I think I am okay with her having the Mercs (Deadpool) team; she can join any team she wants I would imagine.

At first I was thinking, how can you defeat a Mastermind with this card - but then I remembered some villains have VP that is higher than the Mastermind. Even so, I do lightweight agree using her Rare would need a little luck and strategy to be optimized. I kind of want to give her a little attack too. Can we make her a thrown artifact? Hah... laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
ducko wrote:
Didn't your Mercs have 1/2 points???

Kinda. Yes and no. They had 1/2 point, but only that. Not 2 and 1/2 attack. I couldn't do mixed numbers. I could have done 5/2 attack, but I opted not to.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
ducko wrote:
I was wondering; for her rare - she has no attack or recruit? Does that mean her ability is really that strong? Just wondering, not to say you are doing things wrong - just becoming fascinated on how you and others decide on cost, powers, and stuff like that.


You know, she was supposed to have some attack, or else the card wouldn't be that good! I don't know how I missed that... It's supposed to have 5 attack. The things about the excessive violence power on this card is that it already relies on there being a certain set of conditions. If you fight a Mastermind/Villain, there needs to be another Mastermind (ascended or whatever) or a Villain with less VP available for you fight. I can believe I missed that.

I think I've said before that I'm not so good at catching my mistakes, but this one it's like "really?"

I'll have this update, hopefully tonight, when I get the italic flavor text all fixed up.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
redlion64 wrote:
ducko wrote:
Didn't your Mercs have 1/2 points???

Kinda. Yes and no. They had 1/2 point, but only that. Not 2 and 1/2 attack. I couldn't do mixed numbers. I could have done 5/2 attack, but I opted not to.


I use legedit, and what I did was type 1/2 into word and have it autocorrect to the fraction. Copy and pasted it. I didn't know whether it would work until I did it, but I was happy it did!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
jhochges wrote:
redlion64 wrote:
ducko wrote:
Didn't your Mercs have 1/2 points???

Kinda. Yes and no. They had 1/2 point, but only that. Not 2 and 1/2 attack. I couldn't do mixed numbers. I could have done 5/2 attack, but I opted not to.


I use legedit, and what I did was type 1/2 into word and have it autocorrect to the fraction. Copy and pasted it. I didn't know whether it would work until I did it, but I was happy it did!

Oh my goodness....that's brilliant! I might have to update Mercs! Thanks for letting me know! I'm actually really excited haha. And looking forward to the updated rare so I can Gwenpool to my print-list
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Gwenpool
½ (alt 171) also works for legendedit
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated! Now with italics and more attacks on rares!
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yay! Thanks! Printing my first set of customs tonight; can't wait to play with these
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ducko wrote:
Yay! Thanks! Printing my first set of customs tonight; can't wait to play with these


You're doing redlion64's too, right? Those look pretty cool as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
jhochges wrote:
ducko wrote:
Yay! Thanks! Printing my first set of customs tonight; can't wait to play with these


You're doing redlion64's too, right? Those look pretty cool as well.


Yeah! Wanted the complete Merc$ team; and with Gwenpool, I can have a "diverse" team! (Unless you count a monster and a cartoon as diversity) There's a Lady Deadpool custom; but that was more made to work with the base game. I am still trying to figure out the Gwenpool character - but I do like her so far. Although she hasn't met Deadpool yet - I don't see why she wouldn't work well with the Merc$. I really hope this doesn't get me too addicted to printing customs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.