Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows if the just released expansion is fully compatible with the 1st edition of the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason why not. I have the same issues. Looks like there were only five item card different between 1st and 2nd ed., I'm going to sub them somehow, and the game doesn't really "integrate" in terms of haunt launching mechanics, as much as ad on. So after perusing the components, I think all will be compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean R
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've only played Haunt #100 from the expansion, but that one specifically called for the use of some of five item cards that were added to the second edition, the Pickpocket's Gloves and the Sacrificial Dagger. I imagine other haunts could call for those cards as well.

I'd recommend you re-purpose the five nixed 1st Edition item cards as proxies for 2nd Edition cards. The Skeleton Key has a better balanced successor in the expansion's Key card (less open-ended, and grants a 4 dice bonus to opening certain locks instead of being an auto-success). Actually, I think the Key is in the Omen deck now, so it'd be weird to have a similar card to it in the Item deck anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.