Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed a game on KS. I paid $20+ for shipping. One day it shipped. I got a UPS tracking # and watched as it slowly moved across country. Slower than normal.

I had a "due to be delivered" date and the day before that date it was a state away (2-3 hours from me). This is normal as I watch many packages come and take the same path.

Due date came and went with no delivery. Later the tracking # updated and said the package was misrouted. It came to my state, checked in, got rerouted back out of state, and left. They reset the delivery date to the next day. Lame but fine.

I have a friend who works for UPS so I razzed him about it. He agreed it was lame but laughed with me.

Next day came and again, no delivery. This time the update said it had been put on the wrong truck so went to a different town. They reset delivery date again.

I razzed friend again. This time he said that internally, UPS has a 2-defect policy where if they screw up 2x then a refund of shipping cost is due. He said I should contact UPS, tell them to check tracking, and request refund. I asked if I had to do it or if the shipper (KS creator) had to do it. He said they did. While waiting for his reply I went ahead and filed claim with UPS. They opened a case and agreed that shipper had to request the refund but told me to just give him the case # so he could reference it.

I contacted KS creator and explained. Gave him case #. Didn't hear anything for a week or more so I checked on the case myself and found that creator had requested refund. I asked creator if he had got refund and he said he had not yet.

Its been 3 weeks and no word. He may be waiting still or he may think he gets the refund.

My question to you all... shouldn't I who paid for the shipping get the refund? That is my take but I wonder what other KS people (creators and backers) think before I bring it up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is whether you received the game or not?

Yeah, I think you should get the refund, but it was shipped with the project creator's account so they get the refund, good luck getting it from the KS project creator...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on whether the original game has turned up yet? If the creator is having to ship you a second copy because UPS has lost the first, then the refund should be kept by him to cover the second lot of shipping fees he's incurred.

If he's getting a refund for substandard (not non-existent) service and UPS deliver the game then I agree it would be morally right for the creator to share some of the refund with you. (Not necessarily all of it - he may have subsidised some of the shipping cost in the first place).

My limited experience of filing claims for poor/missing service is that they usually take a long time to be resolved. I wouldn't be surprised if UPS took 4-6 weeks to handle claims, in which case he may not yet have had anything back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.