Subject: Dune Cards on Drivethrucards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Milton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I tried to set up an order of Ilya's cards through Printerstudio, and it was incredibly expensive. Has anyone figured out how to print these cards at a reasonable cost? I hear that Drivethrucards has the best price, but I can't figure out how to set up an order. The site kept crashing. Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For a minimum cost, print them yourself using a paper of at least triple weight than ordinary printer paper.
Put printed cards into card sleeves - preferably those with non-transparent backs in order to save toner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot Soup wrote:
I tried to set up an order of Ilya's cards through Printerstudio, and it was incredibly expensive. Has anyone figured out how to print these cards at a reasonable cost? I hear that Drivethrucards has the best price, but I can't figure out how to set up an order. The site kept crashing. Thanks for any help.

James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb

James?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot Soup wrote:

Better or worse than ArtsCow?

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/dune-illya-spic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot Soup wrote:
I tried to set up an order of Ilya's cards through Printerstudio, and it was incredibly expensive. Has anyone figured out how to print these cards at a reasonable cost?

What's reasonable? At printerstudio, I had 504 cards printed on 100% plastic polyacetate for ~ $170. That is more than I want to pay in general, but I recognize I'm not buying in volume and the quality was fantastic. If you pay for 310g linen, the price is around $140.

The Dune card sets (either Ilya77 or ScottE) can be expanded or reduced in number based on what you want. For example, I recently had 6 sets of the so-called "combat wheel" cards printed along with the other necessary cards (22 cards substituting for the hashes on the combat wheel so you could use them instead, viz. by preparing and showing a "7" card instead of dialing 7 on the wheel). With two or more combat wheels, that expenditure for 132 cards more was not strictly necessary, so presuming you're not doing that, you can reduce the cost of the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I printed my ridiculously expanded set through printerstudio a while back for ~$80 (linen finish). I had to wait for the right coupons to get that low and prices have risen several times since then.

Artscow/cowcow would probably be my default now. They don't offer the linen finish, and the edges may flake a little, but it should be cheaper. And they do have coupons you should watch for.

I've never used drivethrucards, so I can't speak to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Hot Soup wrote:

For printing card decks, I use Avery 11" x 8 1/2" shipping labels for laser printer. The colour will fade with friction so I hit 'em with a couple coats of "Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover Gloss Clear." You have to cut to fit on a regular deck of playing card - I leave a little outside border, just outside the print area on the card side. Cost is about $20 for the labels (makes about 110 cards) and $6 for the spray. Looks OK and is pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.