11 Posts

Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Barbaric Yawp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel like I have to share this moment, because it was so satisfying. I have played at least 10 games of Zeds, and never won. However, the deeply thematic nature of the game, and the strategic decisions to be made, kept calling me back for more.

Somehow, I finally won today on the Brains!!! level. And when I did, I let out a spontaneous barbaric yawp. My daughter stared at me like I was crazy and slowly backed out of the room. My wife was somehow unimpressed by the heroic stand of Deputy Schmidt, and the timely arrival of the national guard. Since no one in my house will share in my joy, I just had to turn to Board Game Geek. I'm sure someone out there understands.

I do love board games. I'm not an intense gamer. My daughters and my job keep me to about 1-2 solo gaming sessions a week. So while I have not played a ton of games, I've played a fair amount. I own and enjoy quite a few other solo games and SoS games, but I can honestly say that this was the most exciting and satisfying victory I have ever had.

Fantastic work, VPG!!! I can't wait to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are a true hero. Thank you for sharing! I haven't beat the game yet. You have achieved greatness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best post I've read today. Game on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the spirit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lee
Spain
flag msg tools
dhoehler wrote:

I'm sure someone out there understands.

... and you would be correct, sir!

Love this game, and thanks for the read... we share your enthusiasm! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool victory!
I'm still stuck in Level 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent result. I understand your situation only too well. My wife doesn't "understand" our love of "stupid board games" (Her words, not mine!) shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Congratulations! We gamers love a challenge. I know just how you feel. My husband doesn't really get it either, but he fakes it pretty well. DOTZ is one of my favorites. It's sitting on my table to be played today. (Love the Whitman reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing it and congrats! But now we'll have to make the game even tougher .....

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the support and encouragement. I knew someone out there would understand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.