Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered from Cardhaus about two months ago for $60. To reach the free-shipping threshold, I added a couple of other games. As the weeks passed, I added a couple more. Now, I've got about $200 worth of games that won't ship until they get STA in stock.

In the meantime, Amazon's price has dropped to around $70. I'm really tempted to just cancel the preorder to free up the other games and pay the extra $10 to have STA delivered in two days via Amazon prime.

I've never cancelled a preorder before but the lack of any meaningful information from GF9 has got me to that point. I mean, are we waiting for a second printing? Could it be December before the the major online stores get their copies? Or, are the games on their way to distributors right now?

I'm a big fan of GF9's games but this botched launch really bothers me. I know that "stuff" happens and delays are pretty common (I've backed a few Kickstarters) but I just don't understand why someone at GF9 can't simply post a shipping update on their website, Facebook, or BGG.

Anyone else thinking about cancelling their preorder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
never pre order anything from GF9. They always do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you should ask. I had more or less the same thought earlier today, especially now that the CSI page says they're expecting it in "Oct/Nov." I don't really mind waiting for STA (okay, I may be a little sad reading all the accounts of gameplay around here), but the other things held up in my preorder are starting to annoy me. Maybe I'll give CSI a ring tomorrow to see if they have any further update and take it from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about doing this, but since I've already paid my preorder at Miniature Market and would really like those bonus points to hit my account, I may just let it stand. I'll be asking about it, though, when I'm in there this week. It's super annoying to have had it on order for months (and paid!) without seeing the product or even having the knowledge of when to expect it.

I agree with the post above...it'd be nice for an update from GF9. I'm a newbie to their games...ARE they always like this when they launch? I'm so torn between how freaking awesome this looks (and others, like the equally cool looking but even worse customer serviced Dr. Who game apparently coming out) and how crappily it seems they've handled the distribution. How does Amazon have all these copies when CSI, Miniature Market, etc. can't get theirs?!?

As a side note, I've learned to separate my pre-order orders just because of this. Yeah, it costs more in shipping, but at least I get my games as they come out individually...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't planning to, was just going to wait, but holy crap, $71.70 now. My preorder at CSI is $64. Why am I waiting? I think I'll be cancelling my pre-order tonight. But there is taxes so it comes to about $77. Still, get it now for a bit more, or wait until potentially November.

I was just thinking about this game today since a friend at work told me he played it last weekend and loved it. It was funny when I saw him and he told me he tried some new Trek game. When he said it was Ascendancy, I told him how jealous I was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered during a CSI flash sale, my price was under $60. I can wait. But yeah, there's a ton of stuff waiting on that preorder. I did cancel the expansion preorders, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meanwhile, my flgs has two or three copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew mason
United States
north canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I should. I know if I do cancel it, they will have the game within two days, if I don't it will be forever. The total lack of communication from CSI, MM, and GF9 has been unacceptable. Just tell us what the problem is, and roughly how long can we expect to wait. A week, month, 2 months.... Just give us something instead of leaving everyone hanging. I'm beginning to wonder if the expansions will be out by the time we get our games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marximus wrote:

I've never cancelled a preorder before but the lack of any meaningful information from GF9 has got me to that point. I mean, are we waiting for a second printing? Could it be December before the the major online stores get their copies? Or, are the games on their way to distributors right now?

Nope, not a second printing. The wait seems to be from an unexpectedly staggered shipping. Possibly a ripple effect from one of the major shipping companies going bankrupt recently, which has caused chaos for quite a few games.

GF9 posted a brief update on their Facebook page a couple of weeks ago. It was mentioned here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1648025/game-officially-out

Can't say I've visited their page to learn more. It stinks to have other items tied up waiting for this, but at least it sounds like plenty of product is on it's way very soon. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Marshall
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
After considering the thought "What if the distribution issue ISN'T cleared up, at least anytime soon?", I called MM this morning with the intent to cancel my pre-order (which was made at the beginning of August). The lady who answered was very nice but definitely sounded like she's been through this before, especially with GF9 products. She told me they're still expecting their first shipment of STA by the end of October (which is the "official company line" as far as she knew, I'm pretty certain). Even so I decided to hold off on cancelling for the time being. I realize the situation isn't MM's fault and their customer service has always done right by me in the past, so I want to give them every possible opportunity to get the game in. But yes, after seeing STA circulating on Amazon and other retailers for the better part of a month now, I admit that I am becoming very frustrated, especially by the total lack of communication. I definitely learned a lesson here not to pre-order anything from GF9 again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure I read a post a while back that companies like GF9 do monitor posts about their games here on BGG (especially releases such as this).

It beggars belief that those in positions of responsibility at GF9 would be unaware of the slowly growing groundswell of opinion here on BGG regarding the release problems of STA. If I may take that realisation as a given, for argument's sake, then what on earth does it gain GF9 not to publish some kind of update on the situation?

For those that have pre-ordered, I accept that is not an agreement with GF9 as such, but surely GF9 must appreciate that people do pre-order games and are quite likely to do so for a game like STA.

It is not the delay that pains me, but the silence maintained by GF9 as regards the delay. No one will think less of them if they popped a message up on their website (or even here on BGG) and extended their customers the curtesy of an explanation as to what the delay is, even if they don't quite know how long the delay is likely to be.

After all, at least here in the UK, we were told end of summer 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
companies often dont want to expose their inner workings and an upfront update on the shipping status might be something they dont want to do or would be kept too general as to be of no value anyway. it all depends what is causing it.

cancelling might mean you go to the back of the list and might end up with a 2nd printrun copy, but if you can get it directly then it would definitely be a good choice, but not everyone is in that position.

GF9 is by moments very fast in answering rules question on here so they are definitely around to notice public opinion on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cancelled my preorder and bought a copy at the FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cancelled my CSI order after talking to them, they have no ETA, since their distribution channel has no ETA for them. Doesn't look promising to be any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AtlantisAuthor wrote:
I realize the situation isn't MM's fault and their customer service has always done right by me in the past, so I want to give them every possible opportunity to get the game in.

I'm with CSI, but otherwise in total agreement: it's not the retailer's fault the distributor (and publisher, who uses the distributor) can't get their act together, or their fault for radio silence from the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have 999+ other games to keep me busy until this game and whatever else is attached to it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might as well add the two expansions and get everything when it eventually comes out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrimChris wrote:
I only have 999+ other games to keep me busy until this game and whatever else is attached to it arrives.

But I need it.... NOW!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtkirk86 wrote:
Cancelled my CSI order after talking to them, they have no ETA, since their distribution channel has no ETA for them. Doesn't look promising to be any time soon.

I'll keep my pre-order with CSI but I ordered from Amazon. I'll easily be able to sell the second copy if it every arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just left MM (where I took advantage of their sale as well as asking about ST:A). I was told they're thinking it'll be delivered to them "next week". I'll engage the finger crossing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dead Eye Dick
United States
San Francisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I just was wondering where my copy was, as I knew the game was out. Checked in with CSI and was surprised the shipping date is listed as potentially Nov, so came here to see if this was across the distributors or not. Now I am tempted to go to my local store or Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I read it wrong, it's now in stock at Cardhaus!

Edit: Confirmed! Shipping notice received!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHF_90265 wrote:
Unless I read it wrong, it's now in stock at Cardhaus!

Edit: Confirmed! Shipping notice received!

Awesome news!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In stock at CoolStuff also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipped from Gamenerdz too. Looks like all of the online retailers got their copies all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.