Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donna Wiles
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? How do the explorers win? Looks pretty near to impossible. Was this playtested at all?

Frustrating...first time I was actually mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can try to help you figure out if something went wrong (misread, confusing, error, etc), but I'm going to need more detail about what happened when your group played before I can do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holly Sanderson
msg tools
We just had some trouble with this haunt as well. Clarifications that would help:

1. Is the traitor limited to the number of traps they start with for the whole haunt, or do they get more as the haunt progresses.
2. If they are limited, do 'captured monkeys' count if they are just knocked down? Or do they need to have a trap on them?

It seemed difficult if the traitor was limited to only the beginning number of traps, and couldn't move them after the first placement if no one ran into them. Most of them never returned to the hand to be placed again.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazycurlygirl wrote:
We just had some trouble with this haunt as well. Clarifications that would help:

1. Is the traitor limited to the number of traps they start with for the whole haunt, or do they get more as the haunt progresses.
2. If they are limited, do 'captured monkeys' count if they are just knocked down? Or do they need to have a trap on them?

It seemed difficult if the traitor was limited to only the beginning number of traps, and couldn't move them after the first placement if no one ran into them. Most of them never returned to the hand to be placed again.

Any thoughts?

I can answer these questions.

1. The Haunt is pretty clear on this, in my opinion. You get to place a number of Electronets equal to the number of explorers in the house when the Haunt first starts. The Traitor's Tome then goes on to say that both the Traitor and his Assistants, on their turn, can each put an Electronet in a room the Traitor or Assistant occupied during that turn.

2. The traps are not limited, and a monkey is captured as long as there is an Electonet on him; as soon as the Electronet disappears, after the monkey has missed a turn, the Monkey immediately stands up, so if there is no trap on him he is immediately no longer knocked down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Lewis
msg tools
We just played this haunt. The problem the survivors ran into was the research lab was filled with 9 traps and the betrayer made us roll a speed check for each trap, once someone was captured the monsters would continue dropping traps making it impossible for the player to ever get up.

We thought afterward the traitor needed to limit the number of traps per room OR require only 1 roll per trapped room regardless of the number of traps. Otherwise there is nothing stopping the invincible assisstants from dropping traps forrever on explorers who fail 1 5+ check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Meyers
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Just played this haunt last night.

I was one of the survivors and our group won by destroying the research lab. We interpreted the rules to state that you only need to roll for each trap when you enter the room. If the traitor or an assistant drops a trap while you are in the room, it will not affect you until you leave the room and come back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Wiles
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry that I ignored replies. I don't get updates and don't always log into my account and check messages. Does that make me a bad person. I don't even remember the details at this point but next time I'll provide more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.