GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BattleFleet Mars» Forums » Variants

Subject: a few mods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm adding 10 Hygeia and 16 Psyche to the asteroids. 16 Psyche will be worth 3 times the economic value of any other asteroids to a player, because it's nearly pure metals. It's thought to be the exposed metallic core of a planetoid which was obliterated early in the Solar Systems' history.
I'm sure it will see fierce battles.

10 Hygeia is actually the 3rd largest asteroid, since Ceres was designated a minor planet.

The other mod is whereby an Agent(s)in opposing territory can relay info to their side on force composition and designation, i.e. "Task Force D has two Catapults and one Miner"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

The asteroids sound like a fun complication.
Of course, complications also come in the form of the rules for these, eh? You're going to work out points for complete sets, I presume?

I like the idea of the agents having a role in identifying task forces. You may recall we talked about this idea not long ago and toyed with the idea of it being a cost for the agents as with their other duties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to keep things as simple as possible. BFM is not a broken game and I'm not going to load it down with trivial chrome, just update it a bit.

I'll be running a playtest this weekend with any luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely left out the most important part whistle

I'm using the Mercury and Venus ship tracks for 10 Hygiea and 16 Psyche, clean and simple. Just a matter of a little re-labeling.

Need more ships, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you given it a playtest yet, it sounds interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in a week or so, got a lot of other stuff going on.

Still have to calculate the orbits in 2094 and a few other details. Plus, both asteroids have larger orbits than Ceres/Juno/Pallas, so I'll have to come up with a realistic orbit track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.