Hide
10 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Mansion of madness style app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Solo
msg tools
I just pick up mansion of madness second edition about a week ago, and during my first game it dawned on me how much an app like the one used for MM would improve SoB. It would eliminate almost all of the decks necessary for playing the game. I hope for the next KS they add an app as a SG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Developing an app with the polish of the MoM app costs a lot of money. FFG can afford this, but it's probably beyond the budget of FFP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skouic
France
flag msg tools
I'm fully agree. There is now lot of materials and rules to manage and an app will greatly simplify the manipulation and decrease preparation time.
Some materials will become obsolet (exploration token and deck from normal and other world, growing dread, monster sheet, threats deck etc) and maybe the app cost could be absorbed by a less manufacturing cost ?

In all case I have in mind to digitalize the maximum parts of this fabulous game ... A day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they made an app for all the different decks, it would greatly reduce setup and clutter on the table. I dont think it would take a terrible amount of work and would gladly pay a couple of bucks for it. I dont think they need to go all out and do a Mansions of Madness style app that breaks down what map tiles go where, but just have all the decks to select from, you touch it and it randomly deals out a card from that deck.

I know card warden is out there and I have tried it, but its not quite what I was hoping for in terms of digitizing the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm working on a SoB companion app at the moment. Initially, I'm just going to focus on HexCrawl (an amazing SoB variant) plus Frontier Town. The app won't drive the story like MoM2, but instead help track all the things are reduce the number of charts and rolls that have to hit the table.

Hopefully, it will gain some traction and take on a life of its own and more features will be added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love that kind of app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a simple deck manager at the moment, that will basically do all the shuffling and card draws (including holding up Growing Dread cards until the end) to save having a whole extra (side) table covered in card decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skouic
France
flag msg tools
I have the same thing in mind.

To avoid everybody developping his proper app : dear FFP could you make this app for us ? In case of a soon KS it will be fine to see it as a stretch goal whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
An app could be a really good way of implementing a campaign without producing tons of physical bits and pieces.

Could HexCrawl be made entirely as an app to eliminate the need for any actual printing and crafting?

The other thing I wouldn't mind is a soundtrack app to let you play specific tracks as the game progresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anybody interested, I started a new thread with info and links for my SoB HexCrawl app.

[WIP] HexCrawl Companion App
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.