Hide
3 Posts

Ravingspire» Forums » General

Subject: The rulebook needs work rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Kreher
msg tools
I played this game today and there are a lot of nuances not covered by the rulebook. For example consider the card Circlet of Resurrection. The card says something along the line of "banish this card to regain all your sanity." But it doesn't say if you can banish it from your hand or from your discard. Can you spend the 2 vorpal from it and then banish it from your discard to also get that effect? Are you forced to choose between the vorpal and the effect? I don't know. My group had many other questions come up when playing and the rulebook just wasn't up to our standards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I agree the rulebook sucks.

I asked this questions to the designer. If a card has an ability, you can use the ability and the skill/charm/fight/vorporal, unless the ability says to discard/banish in which case you get the ability but not the skill/charm/fight/vorporal. That is apparently in the rulebook somewhere, hidden in some unknown location.

So if the card says "banish this card to regain all your sanity", then you would discard it to the encounter discard pile (or where ever), but it is removed from your deck. Then you can move your sanity marker to the 10 on your board.

www.ravingspire.com was very helpful, the videos are very short and do help quite a bit. I also asked on the kickstarter comment section some other questions I had that are not clearly explained by the website or rulebook, and so I'd look for the answers for those too. That should help a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cibarich
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how we've always played it (use either the power or the discard/banish effect) but I checked and it is in the rulebook under questions, specifically "For cards that have special effects as well as A Power Value, can I use both on the same turn?"

Hope that helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.