Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So V.I.R. is a robot you can always attract to the bag, as long as you just use one robot dice. Then you grab a color + VIR robot and draw 2. The V.I.R. is a wild, so you can place it on all rides and it earns money as usual.

I'm kind of wondering what purpose this serves - it seems like the best deal throughout the game. Seems to me that the Stingy Visitors from Play Dirty feel like a better cost/reward - no dirt, less money, still wild, but you can only attract them in certain condition (when at least one color is out).

Also, I understand that their flavor comes from rolling just one robot dice, but you still attract two and get two, so the VIR theme is lost on me for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
So V.I.R. is a robot you can always attract to the bag, as long as you just use one robot dice. Then you grab a color + VIR robot and draw 2. The V.I.R. is a wild, so you can place it on all rides and it earns money as usual.

I'm kind of wondering what purpose this serves - it seems like the best deal throughout the game. Seems to me that the Stingy Visitors from Play Dirty feel like a better cost/reward - no dirt, less money, still wild, but you can only attract them in certain condition (when at least one color is out).

Also, I understand that their flavor comes from rolling just one robot dice, but you still attract two and get two, so the VIR theme is lost on me for this.

A VIR is a Roboburg celebrity. You have to directly invite him (i.e. use a single Attraction die) because they like to feel special. However, his presence in your park is an attraction point in and of itself, so a free regular visitor you didn't attract also gets into your park, for the chance to meet the celebrity while there. That is why you get 2 Visitors at the price of 1.

A VIR visitor is a good deal if you have a few spaces available on your rides. But if you have a lot of space available, their "wild" status and 1 free visitor is not enough good of a deal if you can instead spend 4 attraction dice and attract more visitors. It depends on your park's visitor population and the amount/color of free spaces that you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what happens if you have a promotion stand and roll a single visitor result? Can you still attract a VIR, even though your result counts as two results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Torquin wrote:
But what happens if you have a promotion stand and roll a single visitor result? Can you still attract a VIR, even though your result counts as two results?

The rule says:
Quote:
You can Attract V.I.R. Visitors into the bag only if you spend exactly 1 [Attraction symbol] when you perform the Attract Visitors action.

If you roll a single "Attract Visitors" result, but then you use the Promotion to make it count as two, you are spending two symbols, not one, so to answer your question no, you can't attract a V.I.R. in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.