Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious on two things regarding the basic weaknesses. When you add the card at the beginning of a campaign do you get to see it? And does everyone draw them from the same stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about viewing the weakness, but yes everyone draws from the same stack. We've kept weakness hidden so they are a surprise. But I don't think there is a rule that requires it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralsar wrote:
Not sure about viewing the weakness, but yes everyone draws from the same stack. We've kept weakness hidden so they are a surprise. But I don't think there is a rule that requires it.

As far as I can see, there is no rule that you have to keep it hidden. But as far as I remember you add the weakness after you built the deck. That way you cant build your deck to protect yourself from the weakness you ended up getting.

That being said, I personally will add it hidden like ralsar, I think that adds more fun to the game when you draw it for the first time and your like....well dang there goes all my items (or w/e) lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I prefer to keep my basic weakness hidden from the start, to maximize my surprise when I draw it. But there are things that can change this. For example, during my (first) game last night I drew my basic weakness in my starting hand and had to shuffle it back in, so I knew what it was going to be ahead of time. Also, if you have a card that allows you to search your deck for a specific card to add it to your hand, you will likely discover what your basic weakness is that way too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one reason i ask is with multiple people coming with their own cards that are likely sleeved, drawing a weakness from a single stack and incorporating them into a deck could be annoying. yes, you could take the card and sleeve it. but if you draw it from the stack, look at it, and put your copy into your deck; that would work better, and it's what we've done in the last game we played. i don't see a problem with looking at it. thematically: 'hey guys, lets go fight evil! by the way, i pissed off some mob dudes last week. hopefully they don't show up an an inopportune time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Something you could do is have another player do the sleeving for you, so while one player at the table knows your weakness, obviously it's easy to just play the game and act accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.