4 Posts

Cthulhu: A Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Librarian + Library Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
Can the Librarian borrow the Library Card every round and get free stuff? That seems kinda overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
If the Library card is in the public library... then yes the Librarian can borrow it each round. Do remember the Librarian has to give the card back each round.

There are only 2 Library Cards in the entire deck of 180 cards in the library. So if you got that combo in your game... consider yourself lucky.

May Cthulhu Not Eat You.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
She would have to give back the Library card, but if any of the other 4 cards in the Library had a cost of 3 or less she would be able to get those for free if I'm reading it correctly.

It's actually more powerful that she gives it back instead of it going into her discard pile, because she can do this every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
Yes, you have it right. You could borrow the card, activate it, get free cards, return it at clean up, and do it all again next round.

Powerful combination... I agree but that is how it would work.

Borrowed cards must be returned during clean up. I can't be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.