The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Player Mats to Fit Acrylic Overlays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blougaville
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
EDIT: This is now available in the files section: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138897/player-mats-custom...

I bought some of the great acrylic player mat overlays from Board Game Innovation (http://www.boardgameinnovation.com/terraforming-mars/), but I wanted the overlay to line up with the actual numbers on the mats a little bit better, so I took the original player mats into Photoshop and modified them to fit the overlays perfectly.

I'd love to share the file in the files section in case anyone else wants to get these printed, but I'm unsure how to go about getting permission to post them. I know some of the people involved in releasing TM post on here so I thought I'd throw this question out there.

Here's a small picture so you can see what I'm talking about:
13 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Léo Chabanne
France
Grenoble
FRA
flag msg tools
I forgot one tiny rule..
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. We don't even see it was photoshoped!

I got another overlay from Geekmod. A friend got it for me at Essen. Now I just need to wait to receive my copy of the game. Can't wait!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Did you also increase the overall size of the player mat? When I (briefly) looked at the BGI overlays at Spiel, it seemed to me that the overlay was scaled just slightly larger than the player mat, i.e. if you aligned them perfectly in the lower-right area, they would be slightly misaligned in the upper-left.

(I could be wrong tho.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Innovation
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
Nice. Did you also increase the overall size of the player mat? When I (briefly) looked at the BGI overlays at Spiel, it seemed to me that the overlay was scaled just slightly larger than the player mat, i.e. if you aligned them perfectly in the lower-right area, they would be slightly misaligned in the upper-left.

(I could be wrong tho.)



Slammer,

Great job on the mats, they look great!


Florian,

The overlays were made to match the playermat size. The mat you looked at could have had a slight (acceptable) print offset which when matched with our boards and their deliberate offset could cause the illusion that t he overlays are larger.

Elaine
Board Game Innovation


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blougaville
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
Florian,

My overlays were just barely larger than the player mat on the left and right but matched up perfectly on the top and bottom. I did account for this in my modification by extending the width just BARELY.

If someone can suggest who I should contact to get permission, I'll upload my files right away!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate F
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blougaville wrote:
If someone can suggest who I should contact to get permission, I'll upload my files right away!


I'd start with the President of Stronghold Games:
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


These are really great, so I hope permission is given. I love my BGI overlays, but a few newer players have been a little confused by the off-set lines.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurie V
United States
San Francisco Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blougaville wrote:
Florian,

My overlays were just barely larger than the player mat on the left and right but matched up perfectly on the top and bottom. I did account for this in my modification by extending the width just BARELY.

If someone can suggest who I should contact to get permission, I'll upload my files right away!


Nice work! I, too, hope it gets approved for upload. How did you affix your printout to the mat? What materials/products did you use?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
You are the man! This needs to get uploaded ASAP ...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Downloaded these from the file section today. Printed them out on heavy paper, laminated them, and cut them down to size.

They are perfect. Anyone that bought the BGI overlays needs to check them out!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.