Subject: What does "Limited Preview" mean exactly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, so this is most likely a dumb question (so excuse my extreme ignorance), but having been out of the SoB loop for awhile, I saw the FFP Halloween sale and noticed that there are a bunch of SoB products tagged as "Limited Preview" or "Gen Con Preview". What exactly does this mean? Are these items that will eventually be released in bulk to retail after wave 2.0 but can be ordered as resin kits now in a sort of "early access" scheme? Or are these products that will only ever be able to be orderd directly from FFP's website (assuming they remain in stock)? I love SoB, but I swear, this product line has the most convoluted release schedule of any game system I have ever gotten involved with. It seems like this is more of a hobby ecosystem in the vein of Warhammer as opposed to a typical board game and associated expansions (like what FFG does).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're not going to full retail yet (but they likely will), but in the meantime, you can get them from their website without any real packaging to speak of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All previews are not resin. All the heroes are and some of the special items, shadowtrack, corpse piles etc. But the regular enemy packs are plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two characters- they come in a set of baggies, basically- no retail packaging at all.

Also resin figures are a PITA to assemble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Steinhoff
msg tools
It would be awesome if they had a release schedule. I have been looking but I have not seen anything, I have reached out to FFP and got no response. If there is something please point me in that direction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.